What ?'s should I ask tomorrow at peri appt.?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cheer34

Re : What ?'s should I ask tomorrow at peri appt.?

Postby cheer34 » Wed Mar 15, 638299 8:10 am

I would ask the peri if he plans on doing uterine artery dopplers. They are finding that abnormal dopplers are an indicator that pre-e may recur.

Also, ask if you are a candidate for baby aspirin therapy.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Wed Mar 15, 638299 5:26 am

I would probaby also ask about taking your BP (frequency, call in numbers, etc.), what do they want me to call about, what did they think the odds were that I would get PE again and how often would they be doing growth ultrasounds (maybe implied in your question about how often you'll be seeing your peri).

Good luck for an uneventful pregnancy!

mom2chloe

Postby mom2chloe » Sun Mar 05, 638299 12:27 am

Congratulations!
Your list looks great so far...That is all I asked when I went.

Here's to a boring pregnancy!

mommy1st

What ?'s should I ask tomorrow at peri appt.?

Postby mommy1st » Sun Mar 05, 638299 12:20 am

I go to my peri tomorrow afternoon at 2pm for a ultrasound and first appt. I remember some of the questions I asked him 2 years ago at my pre-conception appt. but I have forgot some of them. What did you all ask when you went once you were pregnant?? Is there a link on here of questions I can look for??

These were some of my questions I was thinking in my head of today:

Diet? Is what I am doing okay?
Exercise, what can I do or what can I not do?
Vitamins, do I need to be taking more?
Metformin, when do I need to stop taking it?
How much will he be seeing me during this pregnancy?
Is VBAC out of the question?How long will he let me be pregnant-37 weeks or more??
Sex, is it a no no since being high risk? (Like I even want this since I have been feeling so tired and sick, LOL!).

Are there any other questions I should add on here? Thanks ladies and I'll let you know how my appt. goes tomorrow. I get to see my little bean, that's always the fun part!:)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”