Baby Micah's Birth Story

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kathyc

Re : Baby Micah's Birth Story

Postby kathyc » Thu May 11, 638299 9:37 am

Congratulations!! I am so glad everything went well for you and Micah. Ugh... sorry about the leaky water heater though.

Welcome, Baby Micah.

onesock

Re : Baby Micah's Birth Story

Postby onesock » Thu May 11, 638299 8:56 am

Oh, Congratulations!!! I love to hear such happy birth stories...PE free!!! Can't wait to see pics when you can move back into your house ;) Enjoy !

mom2chloe

Baby Micah's Birth Story

Postby mom2chloe » Thu May 11, 638299 6:25 am

We arrived at the hospital Wednesday morning and it was so weird because it was so calm! Got dressed, lab work, IV...I walked, yes walked, into the Operating Room in L&D. Had the spinal block, and laid down for the C section. Meanwhile having a detailed discussion about all the nurses' kids. (I am a junior high math teacher, and all the kids went or were going to my junior high!)CRAZY! It will be great to get some of their kids now that they have seen me in the buff! Great Open House discussion.

Anyway. I watched the whole procedure on the reflection of the light above me. It was better than all that late night Discovery Health I had been watching. I even saw my huge purple uterus go back into my body.

Micah was delivered at 9:55AM weighing a whopping 7lbs 12oz. I couldn't believe it! It was so great to just be in the moment with no fear or underlying sense that something was wrong. I was just at peace. So fabulous. Went back to the room, and Micah was brought to the room. Latched on within that first hour, and has been a champ ever since. Circumcision was hard, but he chose to sleep it out-rather than cry it out. Phew!

So all in all, it was the one of the best days ever! I am so blessed to make it through PE free this time. BOTH birthdays of my kids are remarkable in their own way, both dramatically different from each other, but truly remarkable!

OH...the funniest part is that we came home to a water heater leak in the foundation of our house. :( So I am writing from a hotel room, because the plumbers are literally "jackhammering my downstairs" as we speak. HAHA! Murphy's Law in full force. But, I am happy to trade a good birth day for a lousy homecoming! :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”