Scary day and night yesterday!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
moreheadcity

Re : Scary day and night yesterday!!!

Postby moreheadcity » Sat Jul 26, 638302 12:38 am

When I was pregnant with Annaliese I became allergic to..........wait for it...........WATERMELON. Yep. You heard right. I was in SHOCK. I looked it up and suprisingly alot of people are allergic to it...funny huh? WATERMELON!?!?!?

mrs. sagara

Postby mrs. sagara » Sat Jul 26, 638302 12:26 am

SO GLAD BABY IS OK!
I DEVELOPED AN ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP ALLERGY IN MY LAST PREGNANCY, FUNNY HA?
IT WENT AWAY AFTER BENJAMIN WAS BORN.
HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE YOUR CASE,
I LOVE SHELLFISH SO I CAN IMAGINE HOW HARD IT CAN BE.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Jul 25, 638302 4:15 pm

My sister developed a shellfish allergy all of a sudden about age 36. Scary though especially pregnant. Glad you are better!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Jul 25, 638302 10:37 am

Thanks guys. The hives have all disappeared and I am able to go longer between benadryl pills. I was every 4 hours. Last night I went 8 overnight. I called my ob's office to let them know what happened and they said as long as my O2 was good, baby should be fine. The meds I was given were ok too even though they were massive doses.

I am from Charleston, SC which makes it even funnier. Well not too funny. lol.

Can someone please explain why all these celebrities get collagen lips? That's how my lips were all puckered up (which is why my pcp was trying hard not to laugh). I can't believe women pay for that. It was impossible trying to eat and then drink from a bottle of water. Thankfully, I have normal lips again.

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Fri Jul 25, 638302 7:43 am

Oh my, Sabrina, you poor thing! I hope it all goes away soon and you feel better. Just glad you and the babe are okay. Ditto the suggestion about the oatmeal baths; I remember putting my kids in oatmeal baths when they had chicken pox when they were little. It was definitely soothing. My dad has a severe shellfish allergy although his is a stomach issue, but he also has to always remember to tell doctors about it as well for some procedures and/or medications. I'm sorry this is happening to you but hopefully things are now under control.

melly

Postby melly » Thu Jul 24, 638302 6:50 am

Wow! Thank God you are okay. I thought you might be from SC from your username. I'm in Charleston. I hope your allergy disappears after baby is here, but not sure how you'd test for that. Thats pretty funny that no one wanted to sit next to you in the er. You must have been looking rough you poor thing. You should make dh do the dishes!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Tue Jul 15, 638302 9:09 am

Oh, hon...how awful!! Allergic to seafood?!! I'm from South Louisiana, so I feel your pain. Don't know what I would do if I developed a seafood allergy. I hope it goes away after you deliver. Most of all, I'm glad you and your baby are OK.

canserb3

Postby canserb3 » Mon Jul 14, 638302 4:20 pm

I have a friend that developed some allergies with her pregnany. Went away after she gave birth so hopefully you will be lucky enough to be able to have some after birth!

joker

Postby joker » Mon Jul 14, 638302 1:45 pm

Ack! That is crazy! I'm allergic to shellfish so I feel your pain! One thing that I find that helps when I get hives is Aveeno oatmeal baths...just drop the pack in the tub and soak. Helps alot with hives.

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Mon Jul 14, 638302 10:48 am

wow that is crazy awful....sooo sorry, also be careful with bath scrubs, salt scrubs, lotions and pedicures, some have shells crushed up in them, I was warned by someone about some pedicures and manicures as well!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”