Joanne....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
southerngirl108

Re : Joanne....

Postby southerngirl108 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:55 am

I just wanted to say congratulations and offer some advice in regards to breastfeeding: My DD's mouth was so tiny and my boobs are on the large side to begin with, so we had a VERY hard time getting her to latch on. I was pumping non-stop because that was the only way I could feed her. Then I came across a Preemie message board and lo and behold I discovered Nipple Shields by Medela. I sent my husband to Babies R Us and that night I was able to feed my daughter for the first time without using a bottle. They literally saved my marriage because I was so upset about not being able to feed her and my hormones were haywire anyway and I was snapping at my DH's every move.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Dec 09, 2009 09:31 am

Great news! I couldn't see the pictures, but I'm sure she's a cutie. Take it easy with your c-section recovery. I did too much too fast and paid for it later. I am so happy that you got to bring home a 6 pound baby - wow!!!

joannek

Postby joannek » Tue Dec 08, 2009 03:49 pm

I am meeting with the lactation consultant tomorrow. My BPs are a little lower today than they were yesterday.
I pumped 4 oz this morning and felt very little difference in the fullness, makes me feel better that I feel little difference after she is on the breast.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 am

Congratulations!!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 am

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your little girl! Do you have access to a lacation consultant? I found them very helpful in helping me understand what the amount was to make Anna Grace gain weight and also helping with the latch.

jend01

Postby jend01 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 08:16 am

Congratulations!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Congratulations! I can't get the link to work, but if she looks like her big sister, she's a beauty! ;) Hope your pressures level off soon; mine were elevated following my section with DD (and they didn't rise until about 24-36 hours post-op). It took a week or so for them to normalize. Enjoy your girlies!

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 08:07 pm

Congratulations!!!

tracym

Postby tracym » Mon Dec 07, 2009 06:47 pm

Congratulations :)

At that weight I was feeding Kate approx 2.5oz of ebm per 3 hourly feedings.

Good luck!

joannek

Postby joannek » Mon Dec 07, 2009 04:54 pm

thanks!
Caroline came out at 6 lbs 6 oz! She is beautiful and perfect of course! Surgery was scarier this time, the hospital stay was worse this time, I could not WAIT to get the heck outta there.
But recovery seems to be going a bit easier this time. Nursing is not fantastic. her mouth is so tiny, I'm not sure if she is really latching on or not, but I am pumping and producing just fine. I just don't know how much she should be getting right now. Its so very different (in a normal kinda way) this time.

My blood pressures are now higher than they were at any point in my pregnancy. I'm still on Labetalol and trying to rest as much as possible, easier said than done...

This board was a life saver this pregnancy, thanks to all of you!
here's some pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.phpaid=16 ... b7e288e735

Return to “Pregnant Again?”