34 weeks and still cooking

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : 34 weeks and still cooking

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:50 am

I think that's definitely something to mention to the doc - maybe you *did* solve your own question! Congratulations to 34 weeks - 3 1/3 more and you'll have one of those full term babies!

mother bear

Postby mother bear » Tue Dec 15, 2009 08:37 am

I only sound together online... it's just the Atenolol talking.

I'm having a big bright lightbulb moment, actually. Above, I had been thinking Hashimoto's OR celiac. But then, somebody sent me a link to a study on the thyroid-celiac connection, and the lightbulb went on in my head. It's not OR, it's probably AND. The celiac disease can cause the thyroid disease, and furthermore, the gluten-free diet for the celiac has a good chance of reducing to very low levels any anti-thyroid antibodies. And I accidentally ate a little wheat yesterday, still really really sensitive after all these years, it laid me out completely for the entire day. And thinking back, I can pinpoint every day I ate barley, or rye, or a tiny bit of wheat, in the last couple months, based on what I knew I ate, and the same symptoms. It's like: Oh, it all makes sense now... I even know what I ate a couple hours before THE HEADACHE prior to my first child's pre-e birth. Maybe I should call it my "Oh s(bleep)t" moment instead of my lightbulb moment.

I really hate to self-diagnose... but sometimes things just stare you in the face enough to label "very strong suspicion".

amaara

Postby amaara » Mon Dec 14, 2009 02:38 pm

Wow, you have a lot going on, but you also sound very together. I am glad that the synthroid is working out well for you. :)

~~Amaara

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:29 am

Keep cooking baby!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 am

Keep on cookin', sister! BTW, my 8 year-old had fifth's disease at the end of my pregnancy, too, and I was sure that I had caught it because I was red everywhere! But baby and I both turned out fine. Congrats on getting so far!

mellybute

Postby mellybute » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:23 pm

Woohoo!!! For 34 weeks :-)

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Dec 11, 2009 09:28 pm

Wow - you have a lot going on!

Yeah for 34 weeks - I hope that things stay good until your planned c-section.

Take care.

mother bear

34 weeks and still cooking

Postby mother bear » Fri Dec 11, 2009 06:58 pm

So, my little man finally made it up to the 48th percentile weight for GA, the highest yet this pregnancy. And they just drew my blood again and my Free T3 levels are STILL low and my Free T4 levels are just barely borderline normal. Like, no change at all, even with the 50 mcg synthroid. Given that these things are supposed to naturally go up closer to term, I'm suspecting either anti-thyroid antibodies (oh, yay, another auto-immune issue?) or selenium deficiency (undiagnosed celiac disease?) but it's not like they're actually going to do any in-depth testing at this point. My MFM is not changing my synthroid dosage, which makes sense in a way, as he probably doesn't want to jack up my pulse and BP with the med change this close to term.

The synthroid is very nice at keeping my BP steady, rock solid at 110/70 give or take a few points, all day every day. Before synthroid, I was getting 30 point BP swings and tachycardia followed by bradycardia due to adrenaline surges and subsequent exhaustion on a predictable 4 day cycle. Even Atenolol didn't entirely stop the swings. Now, I just have to deal with the daily afternoon headaches, which are not BP related (believe me, I checked). I'm beginning to suspect it's the extra iron supplements for the anemia. One easy way to check...

The plan is to stop both baby aspirin at 35 weeks, and the c-section is planned for 38 weeks 6 days. I start the weekly NSTs next week (still 34 weeks).

Oh yeah, and my kid has fifth disease (thank you preschool).

Return to “Pregnant Again?”