32 Week Update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : 32 Week Update

Postby sonja » Mon May 10, 2010 01:13 pm

Sounds wonderful - it is so nice for our newly pregnant moms to read posts like yours - it can give them such hope!

Take care, I look forward to reading your birth story in about 6 weeks!

anonpreemiemom

Postby anonpreemiemom » Mon May 10, 2010 12:22 am

Wonderful update! So happy for you. Ditto on how two pregnancies can be so different. And thank goodness your son survived NEC. That was my biggest fear in the NICU.

Hoping it stays that way!

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Mon May 10, 2010 12:02 am

Congrats! I'm so glad to hear this pregnancy is so positive! It really is crazy how different two pregnancies can be! Hoping you have another healthy 8 wks ahead of you! :)

jennigator3

32 Week Update

Postby jennigator3 » Mon May 10, 2010 09:52 am

I am only a few days away from the gestational age that I had my son (33 weeks)so I wanted to give an update, it's been a while! This pregnancy is completely different from my last one. By this point last time I was on bedrest with Pre-e, 60 lb weight gain, BP 170/110! I had pitting edema, horrible headaches, and I felt awful. Nate was born at 33 weeks and ended up getting NEC at 7 days old and had to have surgery. He did very well after 2 months in the NICU and is now a perfectly normal 2 year old.

This time I have almost no swelling, great BP (around 120/77), up 25 lbs, and I feel really good most of the time. It's amazing how different two pregnancies can be. This baby will be a girl and we are naming her Avery (middle name TBD), I am so excited! I am still nervous and on constant watch for Pre-e, but I am getting more confident as I get closer to my scheduled C-section at 38 weeks.

I hope everyone else is doing well, I check on this board several times a week but I'm at work so I don't post a whole lot.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”