Who's here now?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
longhaulfamily

Re : Who's here now?

Postby longhaulfamily » Sat Aug 14, 2010 07:40 pm

How many weeks are you? Boy or girl (if you know and are sharing)?
19 wks + 4 days. We haven't had our anatomy sonogram yet, but at our growth scan a few weeks ago her 'guess' was girl but we'll see at the anatomy scan ;).

How are things going so far?
So far so good. I had m/s pretty bad until 16 weeks so it's nice to be eating some real food again. I have my moments of anxiety, but now that I can feel little one moving around it's easier. We have a doppler too if I get to anxious.

What's helping to distract you from the PE madness? Anything?
Having a doppler and keeping up with the game plan for this pregnancy. I'm still very anxious since I got sick so quickly last time and it wasn't caught soon enough.

Anything you just crave at the moment?
The past two weeks it has been a salad with yellow bell peppers (and other stuff) and balsamic dressing. I have been craving pot roast for a few weeks so hubby is making that tomorrow.

joolsw1

Postby joolsw1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 05:43 am

Hello all,
I'm 15 weeks with number three.
BP behaving so far but been sick and exhausted.
Distractions are my two lovely little girls.
No cravings really....more "anti" cravings i.e can't bear some foods.

lucidity

Postby lucidity » Thu Aug 12, 2010 09:19 pm

I'm 18 weeks and not sure if its a boy or girl yet.

Things are going well as far as BP goes - I'm on both Aldomet and Metoprolol. Just got a call from my doc about our testing/screening though and we have to go see her tomorrow. I'm a nervous wreck now.

Distractions.... 2 kids - son 13 and daughter 10 - plus we homeschool.

No cravings really so far - food isn't on my fav list at the moment. Actually I can't seem to gain any weight at all - not sure if that's good or bad. Good for my BP I'm sure.

beiram

Postby beiram » Thu Aug 12, 2010 04:53 pm

Hi all! I am 11 weeks 2 days today. Don't know what I am having yet. Thank God I haven't had nausea or anything like that, but so far this pregnancy has been more stressful than my first one. I have been in the ER twice (at 8 & 10 weeks) because of bright red bleeding. Turned out to be a subchorionic hemorrhage. What a scare!! The baby if fine though and growing appropriately :o).

I thought that PE/HELLP was the only thing that I would worry about in a subsequent pregnancy. Yeah, right. How innocent I was...

No cravings at all.

Best wishes to everyone else!

apd

Postby apd » Wed Aug 11, 2010 07:36 pm

I'm 12 weeks and have our nuchal translucency test tomorrow so excited to see the baby.

So far so good. I'm doing okay with weight and my BPs are 115s/over high 60s. Having a lot of congestion which leads to sinus headaches and am hoping that the exhaustion ends soon.

I try not to think about it - on lovenox, Q Enzyme 10 and LDA - hoping one of those does the trick. I also try not to read bad PE stories.

I love carbs - chips, bread, biscuits etc.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Wed Aug 11, 2010 06:03 pm

7 weeks on Friday.

My b/p is already creeping and I am already on meds :( I want to puke all of the time. When I don't want to puke I want to sleep.

My 2 kids keep me pretty busy and distracted.

I crave orange juice and NOTHING ELSE!

jules2

Postby jules2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 02:23 pm

Hi

20+0 today with a GIRL (found out earlier today)....

Everything ok at the moment, but I am now worrying because I have not felt her move for a few hours - - nuts I know at only 20 weeks.

Good luck to everyone...

me793462

Postby me793462 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 01:32 pm

28 weeks and 3 days, having a boy (Dillon James)

So far, so good...My BP is behaving. I start my weekly NSTs tomorrow.

What's helping to distract you from the PE madness? Anything?
At the moment, nothing. I am a bit of an emotional mess this week. I am only a few days away from when PE/HELLP hit in my last pregnany and we lost him to it.

Anything you just crave at the moment?
Gummy Bears! :)

klutsyone01

Postby klutsyone01 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:23 am

Im 25 weeks 5 days with a little boy. Joseph Richard.

How r things going. Um bps have been creeping up. And little man is measuring small. So not doing good.

How do i stay distracted? Um what's that? I chase after the 1 year old monkey man. See a counselor. And honestly spend to much time worring.

Um cravings. Air popped popcorn plain

chloeada

Postby chloeada » Wed Aug 11, 2010 06:34 am

I'm 22weeks 6 days pregnant wig a boy, so I'll have one of each. Boys' names are tough- I had a great girl name l picked out!

Going wellBP wise, although it was sudden-onset with Zoe at 30 weeks. Pleased that this guy was 50th% at growth scan last week, at 20 weeks Zoe was already way behind.

Distractions:
Taking care of a 2-year old, planning to build a wall in our house. Really, I do spend lots of time worrying about PE though.

Cravings:
Meat, ice cream (same as last time). Of course, I'm always big on ice cream.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”