blah

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
breannesmith55

Re : blah

Postby breannesmith55 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am

miamibunni..yeah, he was born at 23 weeks. I'm sorry for your loss. Though he is okay now,(still small, and developmentally delayed, some emotional problems, but doing soo well) he went through so much that i almost took him off life support more than once, and prayed for him to go to heaven. he was in the hospital for 6 months before he was able to come home and when they were trying to teach him to breathe on his own they couldn't sedate him. so he was on the vent fully aware of it. It was horrible. I've never lost a child, so I can't say for sure, but I still do not know if keeping babies that small alive is the right thing to do.

lucidity

Postby lucidity » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm so there with you. I'll be 19 weeks on Friday (our due dates are very close) and I feel much further along. I know its "normal" since this is my third but...... YUCK!!

They don't measure me until 20 weeks but I'll bet anything I'm bigger than usual. I just keep thinking, I'm half way there, I'm half way there.... :) For me, the worst is waking up in the morning and not feeling too bad or too big, but by the end of the day (and I don't work either and I'm on modified rest already) I feel about a month or two further along.

I've taken to sleeping on our loveseat with my head propped up on about 3 or 4 pillows and my legs propped up on 2 more pillows. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not so much.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Breanne, was your baby born at 23 wks? Is he ok?
I had a baby in april and she was 23 wks old but because the hospital was not atertiary hospital they could not save her.

quote:Originally posted by breannesmith55

okay guys I'm not that experienced with being pregnant. I'm almost 19 weeks and I feel like I'm in my 3rd trimester. I'm short on breath, I feel huge and exhausted I randomly "need" to lay on the floor. I cant get comfortable. lol you would think I'm about to go into labor anyday. Anybody else feel like this?

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 05:06 pm

Yeah I think they should add "feeling further along then you really are" as a pre e symptom.. its so weird bc so many pre e symptoms are confused with "normal" pregnancy symptoms. At times I think I have pre e again, and other times I think this feeling of "blah" must be normal. I wish there was a way to know.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:03 am

I right with you at 19 weweks and I already feel yucky. I don't sleep well anymore because I can't get comfortable and I am tired all the time. This time around the tiredness hasn't subsided at all.

The first time around I thought everything was normal part of pregnancy- swelling must be normal, feeling crappy must be normal. Now I know that it is not true, so I worry about every little stretching pain or ache.

chloeada

Postby chloeada » Sun Aug 15, 2010 08:59 pm

I do! I'm 23 weeks along and have felt just like that for a week or so. Also, I have hip/lower back pain when I sit too long, and my ab muscles feel sore from holding up my belly when I walk around too much. I had my daughter at 30 weeks but literally remember nothing about that pregnancy except the traumatic last day, so this feels like the first time for me. I keep having to google all these little aches, pains, and pregnancy symptoms to make sure they're normal!

breannesmith55

blah

Postby breannesmith55 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 06:10 pm

okay guys I'm not that experienced with being pregnant. I'm almost 19 weeks and I feel like I'm in my 3rd trimester. I'm short on breath, I feel huge and exhausted I randomly "need" to lay on the floor. I cant get comfortable. lol you would think I'm about to go into labor anyday. Anybody else feel like this?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”