my "im not crazy paper"

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
breannesmith55

Re : my "im not crazy paper"

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 08:38 pm

Thanks! u guys made me feel a lot better. I am going to be very pushy at my next ob and peri apts. Jamilyn, I'm sorry to hear about your son my son's heartrate dropped as well and that was the key factor in my emergency csection. They somewhat stabilized me after my seizure and when Branson's heart rate dropped the doctor didn't waste anytime taking him out. I was very thankful for that decision. Good luck with your records and I hope you get some closure.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 01:33 pm

I am taking my records to an attorney as soon as I get them. I know nothing can bring my son back but I dont want another mom going thru this because the hospital didnt treat right. Since I had a history and knew my body they shouldve listened to me and I was at the "best" high risk hospital in arizona so we all thought I would get the best treatment. I usually feel fine and dont have any symptoms of PE or HELLP but can feel when its off and something is going wrong with my pregnancies..

apd

Postby apd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 01:09 pm

I think you should talk to the doctor about what you would do given that you feel bad regardless of your "diagnosis." Can you be put on bedrest? Admitted? BP meds? If you don't feel right, they need to help you feel better no matter what. It's my opinion that pre-e is a collection of symptoms that will probably be divided into different diseases once they learn more. I only had high BP no urine etc. and others get pre-e AFTER delivery but it supposedly has something to do with the placenta?

I had the opposite story - I was feeling fine even though my pressures were going up until I came to drop off my 24 hour urine and realized my face had blown up overnight. I still didn't get headaches or anything.

Have any of you with suspect records taken them to a lawyer? Even if you're not interested in suing, it would seem like you would want to take your case to the hospital and demand that better training/risk management be put in place so this doesn't happen to someone else. I'm learning how lucky I am to have on-the-ball OBs, peris and hospital staff. Glad we're at the same practice and hospital for this baby.

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 am

With my last pregnancy I started to feel off at 12wks. My bp was on the rise, I was put on bp meds at 17wks. Almost the whole pregnancy I just felt off, hungover feeling almost. Constant headache, vision issues. My labs were always normal +1 was highest protien dip. Ended up with post partum pree and congestive heart failure, with both of my pregnancies. My ob told me it's very rare but you can have pree with normal labs if your body is showing signs. So I think we are very in tune with our bodies and have a feeling somethings not right.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:12 am

I knew before hand with both of my 2 bad pregnancies. My 1st I didnt even know what PE was and had never heard of it but I knew something was wrong and had 2 emergency visits to my OB the week before being admitted into the hospital and everything was "normal" when I would go in. The afternoon I got admitted was one of those appts and that night my BP was about 160/110 and I went from trace protein to 2800 in 24 hours and having an Eclamptic seizure 4 days after being admitted!
With my 3rd and last pregnancy I was admitted at 23 weeks after being sent home from the OB Triage twice the week before with the nurses for the most part treating me like I was crazy and over reacting to my BP getting to 160/111 while I was sleeping (i woke up with a headache and took it and was shocked) The day before our son passed away I kept telling them something was wrong, I was feeling worse (I had been on Mag for 2 days) and he slowed down on movement (they blamed the Mag) and his HR had dropped. I seemed to be the only one concerned which I was so drugged I didnt know really everything that was not happening, the nurse never told the Dr that his HR had dropped from 165 to 115 and upto this point the drs were so impressed with how amazing he was doing. I am ordering my records this week and I just hope it has everything in it.
I wish the drs would listen to us Moms more and actually take us seriously especially when we have already been thru it before.
Make sure you track your BP at home and you can even dip your urine at home, that way at least you are keeping a daily check on everything. Your dr should be doing the PIH labs and with your 1st pregnancy they shouldve ran those labs as well so hopefully you can find them in all your paperwork.
Best of Luck and i hope your drs will listen to you this time.

emttink

Postby emttink » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:02 am

Same boat!! Iknow something is not right, so fusterating if you ask me. We know our bodies more than a doc.

breannesmith55

my "im not crazy paper"

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 08:14 am

a little history,I've been trying to track down my records (I'm in another state now) and I went to 2 different hospitals and about 5 different doctors with my first pregnancy. I switched everytime they told me nothing was wrong. I finally got ahold of a physicians order form when I went to the er on 8/4/07 at 20 + 5 weeks. I was diagnosed with mild pre e on 8/11 and eclampsia on 8/19

I complained of a severe headache/blurry vision. My bp was 136/66 and 122/70 (they only took it twice). My protein dip was negative.
They noted +1 edema in legs. They did not order any bloodwork. This was not my first trip to the er (still trying to get records) Did any of you guys know "something was wrong" before your bps elevated or protein in urine showed?

In my opinion, I've had mild pre e for about a week now (i could be crazy) my ob apt. is thur, and peri apt. is friday. If my bp and urine come back okay.. is there another way to diagnose pre e? how do i tell them I think I have it again with no proof? All I have is this paper showing that I went to the er a week before I started showing signs of pre e.

I'm going to ask them to do more blood work at my ob appointment. Still trying to understand my labwork from before. I didn't have hellp, I dont think, but my uric acid was high. Is there anything else in your bloodwork to look for pre e?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”