cramps or tingling in legs

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
chloeada

Re : cramps or tingling in legs

Postby chloeada » Sat Sep 11, 2010 09:33 pm

Hi! I've been having some numbness in my feet and hands, plus serious tailbone and hip pain. I googled it, and it looks like numbness/tingling in the feet and legs is caused by sciatica, which seems pretty common during pg. I told my mom about my hands being numb and she got all worried because carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by water retention (apparently), and she knows I'm looking out for that. However, my ankles and fingers seem fine, not swollen, so I think it's just a normal pregnancy thing and not pre-e. I get nervous having all these pregnancy-related aches and pains, but at the same time I'm kind of glad for things to be different this time around- after all, last time I had no lower back pain or BH contractions, and that pregnancy didn't end well! (Aside from resulting in my daughter, of course).

jenmatt1

cramps or tingling in legs

Postby jenmatt1 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 01:16 pm

The last few days during the day I'll have a weird tingling in my left leg on and off. It tingles for 10-15 minutes then I won't feel it for hours at a time. Then last 2 nights I woke up muliple times with a severe cramp in my left calf. Not sure whether to attribute this to normal pregnancy thing with more weight on my body or something I should be worried about

Any thoughts?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”