will i get it again?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
skl

Re: will i get it again?

Postby skl » Thu May 04, 638952 5:25 pm

i got it twice -- and am monitoring closely this third pregnancy (twins). but that said: it sounds like your first pregnancy worked out "fine" all things considered, so the odds of it being much worse this time are ... well, who reallly knows, but in my experience, my pre-e presented the second time as PIH and didn't graduate till full-fledged pre-e until the day i delivered ... which was 3 days LATER than the first time, and my daughter was 4 oz bigger than her older sister ... so keep your fingers crossed, pay close attention to your health, insist your doctors stay on it, and good luck!

pelky358

Postby pelky358 » Sat Apr 22, 638952 11:32 am

nope no dissorders at all, i had done everything by the book to the letter! so i was shocked! i have a meeting with midwife hopefully wed this week, the thing is i moved to zurich with my hubby but come home for xmas to uk and dont know weather to take the risk and join him til marchish? thinking midwife may say sray in uk be safe as they have all my notes etc from last time and i am seeing the same midwife. zurich is expensive in everyway but health insurance is sooooo expensive to cover pregnancy and if there is problems during it it will be too much money, plus you have to live here apparently 1 year with insurance before you get pregnant as there is a 43 week waiting list! huh!!! so looks like i may have to stay in uk with callum and hubby visites every couple of weeks! im rambling lol just got a lot on my mind :-/

a confused anxious mum and mum to be xx

mrss

Postby mrss » Tue Apr 11, 638952 5:35 pm

Were you tested for any underlying disorders that would increase your risk? Most women don't have it with a second pregnancy. I'm not an example of "most" women, though, because I did get it again.
Michelle (38)
DH (50)
Adam 6/10/06 at 37w2d, 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Julianne 10/4/10 at 35w5d, 5 lbs. 5 oz.

pelky358

will i get it again?

Postby pelky358 » Fri Mar 31, 638952 12:08 am

Hi mums and dads!!

I had severe preeclampsia 9 months ago and had to have an emergency c section, now after waiting the suggested 9 months we tried again and after 1 go we are expecting another baby. i am so scared of having it again my last baby was born at 34 weeks at a healthy 4lb13 (lucky and blessed) i took every vitamin you need from 2 weeks before trying to get pregnant, never smoked or drank and proud to say this pregnancy so far i have done the same, but i am still scared this baby will be earlier than the last, the father of the baby is the same as the last as i know that is one risk of having differnt dads. i have heard that the risk of p/e returning is high if you had it bad last time, can anyone share there similar story with me?.....

give me hope? xx

Return to “Pregnant Again?”