Only made it to 24wks, 3 days this time :(

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Only made it to 24wks, 3 days this time :(

Postby caryn » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Oh sweetie.

I'm so, so sorry.

Gentle good wishes for you and your family, for peace and healing. PM me for a mobile number if you need to talk, any time.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

rosalinda

Only made it to 24wks, 3 days this time :(

Postby rosalinda » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:45 pm

It's somewhat of a long story, I'll try to shorten it a bit. On Tuesday the 20th I had a growth ultrasound. Blood flow was good, BP was great, growth was a little behind by two weeks. My peri said she felt something was off, but wasn't sure what. She scheduled another growth ultrasound in 3 weeks, and recommended bedrest to help the growth along. She felt this might be the beginning of PE. So after a good cry, we went home.

On tuesday/early wednesday morning at 2:30am I started feeling contractions, by 5pm they were constant and I went to the hospital. I was admitted with a placental abruption, and they told me I was going into DIC. They immediately began transfusions, and told me I was bleeding into my uterus. I lost 3.5 liters of blood, and my little girl did not make it.

I am still in shock, my peri can't explain what happened. She says there were no indications of an abruption at the ultrasound. I can't believe this happened to us again. I am really lucky to be alive. All my doctors thought I was not going to make it. I am now at home with severe anemia due to the blood loss, my BP's are somewhat back to normal (they went up to 140/90 while in the hospital--but not pregnant they always run low with meds). I just thought I would share.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn

Return to “Pregnant Again?”