Say Hello Baby Luke. PE and HELLP Free!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jean

Re: Say Hello Baby Luke. PE and HELLP Free!

Postby jean » Sat Oct 15, 2011 04:55 pm

Adorable! Congratulations!!!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

blythe

Postby blythe » Sat Oct 15, 2011 04:49 pm

Yay!!! Congratulations to you and Frank on beautiful baby Luke!!! We've got tons of recessives running around through my husband and my family trees, so I've always been so hopeful for those redhead recessives to combine but no luck so far. I'm jealous :-D.

As always, watch your bp and signs and symptoms just in case post-partum PE strikes, but I hope you sail through the next six weeks just like you've sailed through this pregnancy!
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 04:21 pm

yay! So glad you finally posted. Lucas is ADORABLE!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Sat Oct 15, 2011 03:41 pm

SOOOOO AWESOME!!! I have no words to describe how excited I am for you and your family! Lucus is a knock out!!!!! Look out girlies!:0) Enjoy every moment it goes way too fast!
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Sat Oct 15, 2011 03:20 pm

Congratulations, Jasmin! he's beautiful and I'm so glad you are both healthy!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

pipper

Postby pipper » Sat Oct 15, 2011 01:48 pm

I am so freaking excited I can hardly type! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!Yay!!
I'm half black and half white, my husband is blonde with blue eyes. My son has even bluer eyes and lighter hair than him, and is SO pale! Looks like our babies took after their dads...but I can definitely see you in his cute little face. Thank you for sharing everything with this forum through your whole pregnancy. I have my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks which is in 6 days...yeeps!...so I always followed your story since we were so close and had similar experiences. Congrats!!!
me-25 years old
dh-31 years old
Baby Biko, here and gone Nov.28,2008 at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Remy born Feb.4,2010 at 34 weeks (3 lbs 10 oz) due to Preeclampsia. Lovely and so healthy!
Balu born Oct.21,2011 at 37 week. PE and HELLP free!

riehlism

Say Hello Baby Luke. PE and HELLP Free!

Postby riehlism » Sat Oct 15, 2011 01:09 pm

Hi ladies,

Lucas Francisco Riehl Jimeno was born on October 13th at 8:33am. We made it to his scheduled C-Section date of 37+1. He weighed 5 pounds 9 ounces. No signs of Preeclampsia, HELLP, PIH, or even protein throughout this pregnancy. As a quick recap, I had early onset, severe PE and HELLP with our first son. I had to deliver at 24+6 and had to say goodbye to our first baby boy. This time around we did Baby Aspirin (while TTC and beyond), Lovenox, folic acid, prenatals, and lots and lots of monitoring from my OB and MFM. Whether the meds played a large role, or a small role in such a great outcome I will never know. But I sure am glad we did it.

Baby Luke is doing great. His main problems right now are feeding and pooping. The pediatricians say that's a pretty common problem for scheduled C-Sections, since the baby did not come on his own time. Everything else is fantastic and we are in love!

My husband is half Spanish and half Peruvian and he has red hair and green eyes. Between our mixes, we had no idea what he was going to look like. Most people were hoping he would have his dad's red hair. With my husband having so many recessive genes, we really didn't think he was going to get too many of his traits. Ummm...you be the judge.

Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

Return to “Pregnant Again?”