early onsetters

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cmccaffrey

Re: early onsetters

Postby cmccaffrey » Fri Nov 10, 639262 12:03 am

yes... I did have a dip. Is it normal for it to end in the middle of the second trimester?
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

angieb

Postby angieb » Thu Nov 09, 639262 6:20 pm

With my second pregnancy, my blood pressures were up and down a bit throughout it seemed like depending on how stressed I was. Did you have a second trimester dip? It could be that your "dip" is ending, maybe.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Thu Nov 09, 639262 11:52 am

Lisette, I am scheduled to take my glucose exam tomorrow/monday, so I am wondering if maybe that has anything to do with anything? I have definitely been trying to reduce sodium and sugars. For the past 3 nights I had salads for dinner, which actually left me feeling great.

I have been taking my bps twice a day this week and I will say that they are higher systolic, but only by a few pts like this morning I was 109/69 and last night I was 112/69. Those are wonderful pressures, I was just used to seeing some even lower ones for a few weeks and I guess I was feeling pretty confident (can't have that now can we?). Also, after my doctor told me that I was having some unilateral umbilical notching and I guess that just has me grasping for other symptoms.

Holly, I actually feel pretty good except for my own self-induced anxiety. I have been doing prenatal yoga and massages since the beginning of my pregnancy and I still see my therapist every other week. I was doing acupuncture, but it was getting expensive so I have not been back in a while. Maybe I would benefit from starting that up again?

I know I need to chill out, it's just so hard sitting back and waiting for something catastrophic to happen.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Nov 09, 639262 10:12 am

Hi Christa

As Far as BP issues I got severe pe twice one at 25 weeks in 96 and 23 weeks on 2010. This time around I delivered my daughter at 36.5 wks was on LDA, calcium, folic acid and lovenox.
On this third succesful pregnancy I had up and downs. My bp was acting a little funny around 24 weeks but not major like 110/90 and 125/80 buit it would go up and down. I can tell you drink plenty of water now dt over drown but stay hydrated. It can be your nerves since you had this experience before. I would just relax, as long as you dt see it gouing higher than 130/90 then I will just take it easy. As long as you stay away from salty stuff as well. i was also put on a strict diet. Low sodium/ no sugar as well since I was diag at 6 months with high glucose. But I am back to normal.
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Nov 08, 639262 2:14 pm

Hi,just saw that you posted and although I am not yet pregnant again my pressures were going up and down for a few weeks I believe before we actually caught that something wasn't right. I'd say for me it started around 23 weeks that "not quite right feeling" I remember being at my cousins bday party april 6th and my feet had the markings of my sandles. I called my midwife the next day and she said that maybe I just did too much and to relax. Then end of april I woke up with my upper lip swollen! I went right in for a pressure check and sure enough it was sky high! I was shocked. I spent a week in the hospital and although my pressure had stabilized Benjmain was not doing well so he was delivered csection at 26 and a half weeks April 28th. ( he was due July 30th) again looking back I realized my pressures must have been fluctating and my midwife dismissed it. Had I have known the signs then I'd have of course been monitoring my pressures at home as well. I am just hoping that all is going to be fine with you . I have heard of many women that get a higher then normal reading here and there but everything turns out fine,no Pre-e no PIH. May you be one of those. I will be thinking of you,please keep us posted. Are you doing anything to help with relaxation? Prenatal yoga,prenatal massage? love to you xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

cmccaffrey

early onsetters

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Nov 07, 639262 11:57 pm

Those of you that developed early in your first PreE pregnancy (i.e. before say 26 weeks), how many of you developed higher pressures around the same time in subsequent pregnancies or even at all? Did you have any medical interventions that you think may have contributed either way?

I am currently 23 weeks, taking LDA and lovenox daily. My pressures have been in the low normal range, but have recently started to rise like they were low 100s/60s and recently they are 110s/60s/70s. I am concerned that this could be the start of a gradual increase for the worse. In my first pregnancy, my bp started going up around then and I developed PIH by 26 weeks full blow preE by 28 and delivered at 30 weeks 3 days. I could totally be working myself up and causing the pressure increases, but at the same time I am still freaking out that I am going to end up delivering earlier or around the same time as I did with my first baby. I just wanted to see if any of you that started to get higher pressures what those looked like and If they were gradual or pretty significant if that makes any sense.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:

Return to “Pregnant Again?”