Small Vent

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amommyof3

Re: Small Vent

Postby amommyof3 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 09:38 am

Thanks Ladies! I had a MD appt right after I posted and everything was good. Yesterday though my BP was up at L&D. Long story, but I fell down steps and had to go in for monitoring. Everything is fine though. I am still trying to focus on that I was in pain so the BP wouldn't be normal. I am keeping a closer eye on it now though.
Me (29) DH (30)
Bryony and Dylayn, 9/13/07 born at 34 wks due to PE and Pre-term labor
Aynsley, 8/15/09 born at 34.5 wks due to PE

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Oct 25, 2011 08:04 pm

If I eat a really salty meal or like Chinese food I wake up feeling puffy the next day - even when I'm not pregnant. Hopefully it was just that or even allergies. Hang in there!!
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Oct 25, 2011 03:51 pm

Ugh, I don't think we former preeclamptics ;) can ever shake that nagging feeling that things are getting ready to go off the rails. I know I felt that way with my last two pregnancies until the day they were delivered. As trite as it sounds, I really had to look at each single day as an accomplishment in how far we'd gotten rather than looking ahead at how far we had to go. I had small goals like 6 weeks for a viability u/s, second trimester, anatomy scan, 20 weeks, 25 weeks, 30 weeks and so on. Regarding your bp, if you're taking cold medications, they definitely CAN raise your bp. It never hurts to touch base with your doctor to get his/her thoughts on it, though. Hang in there!
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free

amommyof3

Small Vent

Postby amommyof3 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 06:35 am

I am a day shy of 18 weeks and woke up this morning feeling swelled, my hands and my eyes. I got a little nervous then realized I am still under 20 weeks so it's probably not related to PE. I took my BP after I sat down for a few minutes and it was under 140/90 but higher than normal. I am sick with a cold so I'm thinking it's more from that. My vent it up until now I have been very optimistic that the 3rd is the charm and I wouldn't get PE this time around, but now I feel like I am going to get it earlier than my last two pregnancies. I realize of course that I can't control whether or not I get it, but I need to find a way to find that optimism again.
Me (29) DH (30)
Bryony and Dylayn, 9/13/07 born at 34 wks due to PE and Pre-term labor
Aynsley, 8/15/09 born at 34.5 wks due to PE

Return to “Pregnant Again?”