Trying not to worry.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
danielsmom

Re: Trying not to worry.

Postby danielsmom » Thu Dec 01, 2011 08:45 pm

I've been exactly where you are and I can say that those feelings are normal, or at least where I was mentally. It's defeating. But... I'd say that God put this desire in your heart to have children for a reason. Run the race and hope for the best. HCG levels and progesterone are somewhat connected. HCG tells the corpus luteum to produce progesterone. If you have an issue making progesterone, but can receive it through a supplement, your HCG levels will be affected and the pregnancy can continue if it's meant to. I'm glad your doctor is following up on these levels to adjust your meds as needed.

These are good articles for knowledge on the role of HCG & Progesterone and luteal phase defects:
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/corpus-luteum.shtml
http://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?cat ... ty101&id=7

Hoping and praying for the best.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

Nadenet1229

Postby Nadenet1229 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 07:52 pm

Well I my OB called me and told me my HCG did double but just barely. She said something about they like to see a 66% to 100% increase and I just made it to 66%. She is also having my progesterone tested again to see if she needs to up my dosage. I can't help but feel like its deja vu. How am I not suppose to worry when it looks the same as my last pregnancy? I fought down the tears, but I can't ignore the fear. Is it bad that I'm suddenly thinking that maybe I'm not suppose to have a baby? The thought startled me because I don't like to think like that. I pushed the words from my head because its not right for me to think that way. I just have to pray and hope that one day I will take home my baby. I just wish there was some sort of medical normal-ness to this.
Mother to Joseph Lovelace Touchet Jr born on 5/11/11 at 22 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP. Born straight into God's arms. Love you my angel.

Nadenet1229

Postby Nadenet1229 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 07:49 pm

Based off of LMP I will be 5 weeks tomorrow. With Joseph I think I was... 6 or 7 weeks when they tested my progesterone and found it out was only 7. I'm trying to be positive that my progesterone was 2.7 higher this time. Tomorrw my doctor will call me and tell me if my HCG doubled over a 48 hour period. I'm not sure what my HCG level was at on Monday but she said the number was good, she just wanted to make sure it doubled. I hope it does. With Joseph, when they discovered my progesterone was low they also found that my hCG didnt double like it was suppose to. I just hope this is different.
Mother to Joseph Lovelace Touchet Jr born on 5/11/11 at 22 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP. Born straight into God's arms. Love you my angel.

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 07:12 pm

I'm so sorry you had to go through that with Joseph and are faced with a less than perfect test result right off the bat now. The sooner you get on the progesterone supplement, the better. It could be that you just need a little help with this. When did you start with Joseph? How far along are you now?

The important thing is that you do what you can going forward. Because this isn't your first pregnancy, you already have better odds against pre-e. You might be advised to take low dose asprin or lovenox to lower the risk even more.

One thing though... I was told that the vaginal suppository form of progesterone is more easily absorbed than the pill form (prometrium). That's probably the reason they had you take it twice a day the first time. By the way, I'm in that boat too, I've had both. I tried the pills between 2 to 4 weeks this time and they made me drunk! I couldn't drive. :lol: I really hope all goes well for you. Let us know how those numbers come out tomorrow.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

fineolin

Postby fineolin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 05:27 pm

I know its hard not to worry. When I first had my HCG levels tested my number was 990 and the doctor wanted 1000. So, I had to check my levels 2 days later. During those 2 days my symptoms increased, especially my morning sickness. My symptoms gave me comfort. Try to refocus your thoughts. I know easier said than done. Sending you positive vibes
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.

Nadenet1229

Trying not to worry.

Postby Nadenet1229 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 am

I had my progesterone and hcg numbers tested yesterday, going again tomorrow to see if HCG is doubling. I was hoping that my progesterone would be nice and high this time but no, its not. My first pregnancy with Joseph, it started with my progesterone being only 7. So I had to take 200mg of prometrium twice a day since it was so low. This time it came up as 9.7, and the doctor is putting me on 200mg of prometrium once a day. I'm hoping that since its so close to 10 that maybe its not considered super low, but I'm still just ... I guess upset. If my HCG levels don't double tomorrow then its going to be a sense of deja vu, since thats exactly what went on in my first pregnancy.

Makes me feel so inadequate as a woman even though I know its not in my control.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”