Almost Second Trimester

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re: Almost Second Trimester

Postby heather j » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:15 pm

In my non-medical opinion (and really just based on information I've seen here) it is entirely possible that you're looking at damage from your last pregnancy. I never opted for the triple screen until my last pregnancy. It was a lot of undue worry, but when the results came back perfectly it was a definite relief. If not opting for that helps you, then you did the right thing for you. I also used lovenox in my last two pregnancies, but I was only on 40/once a day. I know you're excited to get to see your little one again. Hope things keep sailing along smoothly. Do let us know what is determined from the liver u/s!
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free

Shannonlynn

Almost Second Trimester

Postby Shannonlynn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 06:10 pm

Well, it has been a while since I posted anything about my pregnancy. I will be at the top of my 13th week as of tomorrow and I am happy to say so far things are going well. Of course, going into the second trimester is scary because I only made it to 24 weeks with my first pregnancy. I have been on LDA,folgard, and prenatal vitamins for months and I started 40mg lovenox twice daily at the eighth week. I opted not to do the triple screen because I just want to be as calm as I can be throughout my pregnancy. So, it is different because I have only had the one ultrasound at 8 weeks with the MFM. My next ultrasound is at 18 weeks with the MFM, so that will be exciting and I am convinced this time we will have a much better outcome.

I had to do a 24 hour urine collection for the MFM and protein and glucose were at zero but I have elevated liver enzymes. My new OB drew blood again and they still came back high so I am a little nervous about that but I don't know what I can do about it. I have an ultrasound on my liver on March 1st and I guess that will determine something or nothing. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, how did everything turn out? It makes me think about HELLP but I know it is way too early for that. I wonder if I could have liver damage from HELLP. I have done some research and some places say that is a possibility. Who knows, just want a healthy baby!
Shannonlynn-mommy to Frederick Otto "Fritzy"
born May 6, 2011, became an angel one hour later
Severe PE at 24 weeks to the day
Gavin Walden born 8-4-12,lovenox, folgard, lda, prenatals. PE and HELLP free.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”