Chronic Hypertension???

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: Chronic Hypertension???

Postby aajatwins » Tue Sep 13, 639560 10:55 am

Welcome to the boards! Glad you're here.
How far along are you? PE is typically not diagnosed until after 20 weeks or so. So when BP issues show up before then, they say it is pregnancy unmasking chronic hypertension. If there are no other signs or symptoms and you are less than 20 weeks, that could be what your doctor is thinking.
That is a pretty substantial jump from 110/65 to 145/95!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

kirkfamilyof5

Chronic Hypertension???

Postby kirkfamilyof5 » Mon Sep 12, 639560 6:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, well I've been following this site for about a week or two but have just mainly been reading posts.

I had my daughter 4 years ago at 32 weeks due to severe PE. I started showing symptoms at around 26-28 weeks but luckily she made it until 32 weeks.
I have since remarried and became pregnant again(with a boy). My bp has been actually pretty low this entire pregnancy aside from one time at 11 weeks when I had a kidney infection it was 140/90.
Anyway, my question is for the past four days now my bp has kind of been all over the place but mainly hovering right at 140/90. It was high this morning at my routine dr visit 145/95 and when I let the nurse know it had been high at home as well she had me lay on my left side and went to talk to the dr. He came in and said that it looked like I may just have chronic hypertension instead of anything pregnancy related??? What?? My blood pressure returned to normal after I had my daughter and has been low this entire pregnancy, staying right around 110/65 or so. He did have labs drawn and scheduled me for an ultrasound on Monday to check his growth and also is having me do a 24 hr urine test. But, have any of you been told this? Sure high bp runs in my family but it's been fine this whole pregnancy and now all of a sudden it's been high. Just wanted to get some of your opinions on this?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”