Considering termination

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Considering termination

Postby jtkdillashaw » Sun Aug 18, 2013 09:43 pm

I am currently 9 weeks 1 day pregnant. I have had 5 pregnancies. 3 were miscarried before 12 weeks and 2 developed pe. I have two beautiful daughters who are as healthy as can be. I have chronic hypertension. The first pregnancy was induced at 37 1/2 weeks. Perfect. The second in 2005 was bad. My BP shot up quickly out of control and was put in the hospital on bedrest at 32 weeks after being on home bedrest at 28 weeks. The last night of pregnancy my BP reached 200/170! Bad. She was induced and delivered the next day at 34w5d. She was kept in the NICU for 15 days and with a few hiccups of reflux problems, she is my miracle. My OB said after that delivery that pregnancy is toxic to my body and strongly advised against another. Well, a non-planned pregnancy has happened and we are in a really hard place. After meeting with my OB, she suggests termination. I visited a perinatologist who did an US and showed that the little bean is measuring at 7weeks, but heartbeat is strong. My husband and I are so torn. The perinatologist told me that if I started eating a completely raw diet with no meat, no dairy, and no gluten, then my chances of not developing pe is better. Her idea is unattainable. It cannot be healthy to be that strict. No dairy (calcium) no meat (protein). Those both seem like very important parts of a pregnancy diet. Well, my question is has anyone had to make this decision? Does anyone have some advise for me? (I'll take any and all advise given) I want this baby more than anything, but not at the risk of my husband or daughters losing me (or having a baby that will have development problems for life)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”