Weight Loss Buddies!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
rachel a

Re : Weight Loss Buddies!

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 07:39 pm

Cindy... wish I knew of one. My boobs are so big from nursing... they went from B-C to a DD--talk about whoa! A good tight one... and if you can't find one... wear your regular bra under a sports bra. That always does the trick for me!

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Thu Jul 26, 2007 07:25 pm

Well count me in! I now have no excuse to be overweight. I had my apnea surgery two months ago and I now sleep semi-normal and I have no restrictions...so time to hit the gym! My goal is a 50 pound loss and to get off these darned BP meds. I am going to dust of my Gazelle. (And Jenn...I'll be glad to ship you my scale...it seems that there is something wrong with it...each time I get on it...it moans!!)

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 06:36 pm

Count me in! I have to lose 32 pounds to get to my weight watcher goal of 163... I'm 5'8" and 195... I've been loosely following the program... so a little extra support would be great

Carson is still exclusively breastfeeding right now… so same here with the calorie restrictions…

I’m trying to get back into an exercise routine… but I’m finding it difficult because of my lack of motivation… something I need to work on… I know that is a huge part of why I’m not losing weight right now…

Any ideas on a sports bra that actually works for a breastfeeding mommy?

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 05:17 pm

Alanna,

I'm still breastfeeding too! However, since Addi is eating table food, she's not getting the substantial portion of daily calories from me. She only nurses to sleep and IF she gets hurt and needs to be comforted!

AND BREAKFAST... I've been doing my juice fasting so this morning it was a whole cantaloupe, 6 red ripe strawberries, an orange, and a handful of blueberries... yummy (it made nearly 4 cups, so I'll have that the next couple of mornings)! But, because I love food and love to cook, the kids had whole grain pancakes with fresh blueberries and bananas (folded in the dough). I did sample, it was terrific!

and I should add, this little southern lady is only 5'5".

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 04:29 pm

I need to lose weight too. My goal is to lose at least 40 pounds and hopefully get off BP meds. I'm on a low dose of Procardia now.

I'm 5'9" also and 165 is my ideal weight- that was actually my weight when my husband and I started dating in college. My goal is to get back down to 180.

I don't want to restrict calories too much since I'm still breastfeeding, but I want to cut out bad/refined carbs and fried foods and get into a regular excercise routine. Especially since that has worked for me in the past.

As far as breakfast ideas: Oatmeal (steel cut) w/ apples or blueberries never leaves with a sugar high. What about a fruit/yoghurt smoothie? Or lowfat cottage cheese with fruit? Or scrambled eggs (minus all but a little yolk) with salsa in a tortilla?

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Jul 26, 2007 04:05 pm

Well we all knew I was comin'!
Here I am!

I don't have any stats on where I should be, nor what I even am ( I don't own a scale! ) but I'll be hitting Target this afternoon and I'll catch up with everyone!
But DO count me in!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Jul 26, 2007 03:41 pm

I do! I do! ME! ME! I was sitting at the pediatrician's office directly across from the mirror this morning, and my figure while sitting was enough to make me want to vomit!! Gravity! BLECH! I need to drop 35-40lbs. If I lose more than that I would be thrilled, but my goal is to get to 175lbs.

I'm 5'9", and 165 would be an ideal BMI for me, but I've only been smaller than that about once in my life. I feel that 175 is the weight my body is most comfortable at, and I'll be able to maintain myself there. I signed up for yoga classes today that start in September, but I'm going to try to find another yoga place so I can start sooner. I do have limitations in excercising so I'm going to have to really cut calories in order to achieve my goal. I haven't been particularly good at watching what I eat (hence the 40 extra pounds),so I'm hoping the inital calorie cutting will be easy. After the first 10lbs is always tough for me though.

So, how about some great ideas for healthy, low-fat meals that are still filling? What do you guys eat for breakfast? Cereal always leaves me with a sugar high after about an hour. Yogurt is only a little better. Fruit alone seems too acidic on my stomach in the mornings. I ate apples and peanutbutter when I was pregnant, but I ate so much of it I don't think I could do that again for awhile.

rachel a

Weight Loss Buddies!

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 02:33 pm

Hey! Jenn recently got me thinking... who wants to start Weight Loss Buddies back up again??

I've been exercising and dieting (I'm a hardcore calorie counter) and since Addi's birth I have lost 40 pounds. I do a juice fast all day (now, this is fresh fruit in my juicer... not that fatty high sugar concentrate) and then eat a normal supper. I run 2 miles everyday and do yoga in the morning.

I'm looking to loose another 20 pounds (and would like to do so by October...ha,ha, DREAMLAND!) ... I'd like to get back down to my pre-Dylan size.

Anyone else want to join me??

Return to “Misc”