Weight Loss Buddies -- Week 1 Weigh In

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
mommy1st

Re : Weight Loss Buddies -- Week 1 Weigh In

Postby mommy1st » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:43 am

Looks like everyone is doing great this week! Fun little fact: one piece of cheesecake carrot cake from cheesecake factory is 1200 calories!
When I met with my dietician she told me that so way to go Rosemary!!! I have to go to a baby shower this afternoon so there will be cake there, ugg!! I am taking my own snack though that's what I have to do so I won't gain weight and give in to temptation, kwim?
Have a great weekend ladies!:)

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:17 am

Hope everyone is doing well this week… it’s Saturday and I should be out walking/jogging in stead of posting on line *giggle*

Lori ~ Congrats! Exciting and scary at the same time... good luck with your new job! I've joined WW after every baby... and it works when I follow the plan, which I’ve been loosely following until now... posting my weight on line is an incentive to stick with it... When you’re all settled in your new job and ready to join I'm sure you'll love the program!

Sara ~ I noticed your tag...I'm from Utah too, Tooele (please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the PF here in UT!) Too funny, we are the same height and same weight!

Rosemary ~ Sorry to hear about your doctor's appt... but great job going to the gym! Getting there is the hardest part and you did it. Way to go :)

Good luck EVERYONE!

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Sat Aug 04, 2007 00:52 am

Wahoo, Rosemary - way to go! They say the first day is the hardest, so pat yourself on the back and keep up the great work!

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Okay...I did it...I actually went to the gym at 6:30 this morning! And...I passed up carrotcake for a co-workers birthday...and some gourmet chocolates too. All I kept thinking of is that I burned 150 calories on the treadmill this morning and just a few bites of that cake or one piece of that chocolate would un-do my morning workout....relieved that I made it thought day one ; )

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Fri Aug 03, 2007 04:26 pm

Oh Kara, you brave soul. Even thinking about cutting out caffeine out of my life makes me cringe and cry......

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Fri Aug 03, 2007 02:45 pm

I'm way latr!

Height 5'9"
Current/highest weight: 211
Goal Weight: 175
Method:
1) cutting out full fat soda (I'm a carbonation girl so DIET cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper it is)
2) cutting out ice cream (bye, bye ben & Jerry's)
3) cutting out emotional/strees/bordeom eating
4) making healthier choices: veggies, fruits, salads
5) cutting out the vending machine at work, and fast food

Eating goes with my job, so I have to make smarter, healthier decisions. My portion control is good, but I have to watch my snacking habits! Once I loose a few pounds and get in a routine I will also be cutting caffeine out. I did it while I was pregnant and I can do it again. :-)
Kara

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 02:21 pm

Better late than never right? I have been thrown a couple of curve balls this week (my son had strep throat and I found out I now have ocular hypertension at what I thought would be a routine eye exam). I still managed to go walking on the few days this week it wasn't raining.

Height: 5'9"
Current Weight: 218
Goal Weight: 180 (Once I meet this goal I will set a new one).
Method:
1)Excercising 4X/week
2)Going to bed on time every night (lack of sleep is my biggest sabateour)
3)Eating healthier: eating lower glycemic foods, eliminating fried foods, and kicking the Dr. Pepper habit.
4)Stay positive (focus on what I did "right", not what I did "wrong")

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Well...I had my quarterly check-up at the doctor this morning. My BP meds were changed to a just released medicine because my doctor feels that my BP is still too high. My kidney functions were still steady (I only have one that works). And the lousy new for the day, I am about a tenth of a percent from being classified borderline type 2 diabetic. AHHGH! Honestly, I just wanted to sit in the doctor's office and sob. So, when I left the doctor's office I stopped in at the gym that I used to belong to and I joined. I start back tomorrow morning. The party is over...time to get a grip on reality and lose the 50 extra pounds I am carrying.

So....

Height: 5' 3"
Highest Weight - today : ( 185
Method: Gym - 6 days a week and 5-6 small meals per day - writing down what I am eating - cutting out major carbs - start cooking at home a lot more.
Goal: 130 pounds by my birthday next May (at least 25 pounds down by my next doctor's appt in December)

Food is definitely an addiction for me...so if I find myself falling off the wagon too often I am going to seek some kind of counseling/support.

Good luck everyone!!

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:00 am

I'm late, too.

Height: 5'8"

Highest non-pregnant weight ever: 201, about 2 weeks ago - it was really depressing hitting that mark

Current weight: 197.8

Goal: I weighed 132 when I got married, but I would be very happy with 160

Method: I am fairly active, but would like to increase exercise. I need to cut back on sweets and junk, and watch portions. I think it's going to take finding out the right kind of foods to eat, as I already know that simply burning more calories than I consume is pretty much useless for me.

Good luck this week everyone!

Holly, THANK YOU so much for your e-mail. I'm getting back to you, I promise! [:)]

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 08:00 am

A day late, as usual. I had a great plan of finally joining WW with a bunch of ladies from work. Yesterday I was offered an incredible new job. I have been at the county here for 11 years, so this is crazy scary for me. So- no WW for now. A pending move, and until then, a major commute. I will need all the support I can get. I hope having to type the number each week will keep me motivated....and listening to all of your success stories.

Here goes: Height: 5'2"
Highest/current weight is now: 187
Goal:125, I did manage to get there after I had the girls. Twentysome years ago.....yikes.
Method: I have no idea. Will be looking for lotsa help.

Return to “Misc”