Anyone else done this?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
joannek

Re : Anyone else done this?

Postby joannek » Fri Apr 11, 2008 05:38 pm

Ha ha! I totally agree. When I am walking my dogs and they get a burr in their feet, they make a big deal about limping in great pain....until a rabbit runs across the path, then suddenly their feet are just fine for trying to run after it.

browncow

Postby browncow » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:54 am

Oh yes, Randi survived and went on to populate the southeastern Alabama countryside for years!

It took him about four months to heal due to his hip injury (fortunately the head wound wasn't as bad as initially perceived) so he slept on the waterbed because it was comfy (easier movement and the warmth of a big, hot water bottle).

I place it around four months because when he began re-acclimating to outdoors, I was washing dishes one afternoon and happened to catch a glimpse of him frolicking in the yard. He was running, jumping at a butterfly, just have a good old time so I knew he was better despite his limping when indoors.

I stuck my head out the door and called him; apparently startling him to the point where he stood frozen-gathered his wits-then limped towards me. All I can surmise is that he enjoyed being spoiled during recovery so he feigned lingering problems to continue the extra love and care. I think animals are smarter than we'll ever really know.

joannek

Postby joannek » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am

Did the cat make it??

browncow

Postby browncow » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:53 am

Back on Christmas Eve, 1992, my cat was hit by a car but managed to drag himself to the foot of the porch steps.

I heard his cries, discovered him-bloodied and broken-lying at the foot of the steps, and immediately gathered him in a towel and called the vet (small town, not a super huge inconvenience to call on holidays).

The Dr. advised me to cover the gash in Randi's head with something sterile so I grabbed the closest thing available: a maxi pad. I pressed the pad to the cat's head while en route to the vet who, upon our arrival, christened Randi "the Kotex cat."

I've long moved away from that small town but occasionally visit and when I cross paths with that particular vet, he never fails to reference "the Kotex cat."

4mybabies

Postby 4mybabies » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:36 pm

Panti liners worked great for me when I ran out. I also found that they stayed in place better.

sckitzo

Postby sckitzo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:17 am

I have never done the maxi pad thing but have many times resorted to the wads of klenex or tissue paper. I did once use panti liners for a day. Anything works, if you make it.

joannek

Postby joannek » Sun Mar 30, 2008 01:50 pm

I live in the Big Bend region. 100 miles from Alpine. Terlingua is 30 miles, but alas is a nursing pad-less town!

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Sat Mar 29, 2008 00:34 am

Very resourceful, Joanne!

So I gotta ask...where do you live that you have to drive 100 miles for nursing pads?! I see you're in TX. I must confess that I'm a country girl at heart and secretly love the idea of being 100 miles from civilization...

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Mar 29, 2008 00:03 am

Good thinking!!:) I always bought those nice cotton washable ones, then you never run out:)

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Fri Mar 28, 2008 03:05 pm

hey if it works, do it! Smart idea I might add:))

Return to “Misc”