Show - Deliver Me

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
lucy

Re : Show - Deliver Me

Postby lucy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 07:03 pm

I didnt see it.

hvsmith

Postby hvsmith » Sun Apr 13, 2008 07:10 pm

I was just browsing around and found this thread. On that same note, it was just in the news about two young girls that delivered their babies -- one in an airport lavatory and the other in her middle school bathroom -- and proceeded to do the unthinkable... I always have a really hard time reading about those girls. I remember after having my second baby, there were some similar stories in the news and I couldn't help but think of how unfair the Universe can be. All I wanted was a normal delivery and wound up in a very scary and dangerous situation. You hear of these little girls who deliver silently in the bathroom and no one ever knew they were pregnant, and then you read some of the grief and loss forums (which I read after my first m/c) and it just makes you angry. I don't know. I guess I am just venting.[}:)]

browncow

Postby browncow » Fri Apr 11, 2008 01:07 pm

quote:But STILL. Women here do everything they can to have a healthy baby and mom. Then you have these women who are NOT taking care of themselves. UGGGH.

That reminds me wayyyy too much of my work situation when I was pregnant. I worked for a drug addiction treatment program and 65% of the recovery group was pregnant at any given time.

I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs; followed the doctor's orders, and had a horrific pregnancy and delivery. I found myself (oddly) jealous and resentful of women who abused every drug in the book right up to the day of delivery and still had healthy babies.

I know it sounds irrational and by no means am I saying their pregnancies should have been problematic or their children unhealthy (thank God they were) but it was a bizarre situation for me.

jsu_work

Postby jsu_work » Thu Apr 10, 2008 06:22 pm

I felt horrible up to the last appt. The last appt I felt wonderful.. and that's when I had HELLP and pre eclampsia. I couldn't believe that I was as sick as I was.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:34 am

I wonder how many people are clamoring to get into their practice now? I just love it, but, that episode Tuesday night was so hard on me. I was seriously in tears all night. It just hit way too close to home. I like the happy episodes. It's nice that they show it isn't all a bed of roses.

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:26 am

quote:Originally posted by missgamecock

Ok I watched it last night and cried like a baby. Brought WAY too many flashbacks. I totally lost it when the peri came in and told the dr that the baby was not alive for that one mom. Reminded me of what happened at my peri's office except my ob and peri are 45 minutes apart and not in the same building. They did their talking by phone. Oh and the mom above ended up with a scary crash csection. Mom and baby were ok. I guess I am hooked on it even thought it makes me cry like a baby.

Hurray am not the only one that cries at that show!!! Everytime the OB talks about having to deliver her little boy at 29 wks I just start balling.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:12 am

Ok I watched it last night and cried like a baby. Brought WAY too many flashbacks. I totally lost it when the peri came in and told the dr that the baby was not alive for that one mom. Reminded me of what happened at my peri's office except my ob and peri are 45 minutes apart and not in the same building. They did their talking by phone. Oh and the mom above ended up with a scary crash csection. Mom and baby were ok. I guess I am hooked on it even thought it makes me cry like a baby.

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Fri Apr 04, 2008 02:23 pm

I LOVE that show!!

I about hit the floor when I saw that woman didn't go to 2 prenatil appts when she was high risk and than saying she was being held hostage. UGGGGGG!! I never missed a single appointment and was at my OB's office EVERYDAY because i felt so ill and she thought it was nothing. [:(!]

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Apr 02, 2008 02:07 pm

Well, to be honest I blew off my drs the first time. I attended ALL prenatal appts and whenever they sent me to L&D but, I totally blew off bedrest. To the point that my military dr called occupational health and tried to have my job declared a hazard to my health!!!!! She also scolded me and said she had women that came in there everyday and wanted to be taken out of work. She wouldn't do it because they were having a normal pregnancy. She told me YOU are not having a normal pregnancy so WHY won't you go out on bedrest. I honestly didn't feel sick.

It was this woman's second pregnancy. I was a bit better with Sara.

But STILL. Women here do everything they can to have a healthy baby and mom. Then you have these women who are NOT taking care of themselves. UGGGH.

I hope to see a very changed and grateful woman next week, but somehow I doubt it. I bet she blames the drs for not seeing she was really sick and for them not convincing her of how sick she was.

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:47 am

I love that new TV series… I missed it last night… I’m sure they’ll run it again *hoping*

Like Molly and Kara… I can relate to not believing how sick I was… the day my dr dx with PE was the same day I had a flight to catch to Seattle (nieces’ b-day party)… My dr warned me about all the risks… stroke, seizures, PE turning from bad to worse quickly.. I didn’t believe her (I didn’t know anything about PE then…) and took the flight anyway… of course I ended up on hospital bed rest… stupid me… I just didn’t know… That’s why it’s so important for me to help raise awareness….

Return to “Misc”