Need to vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
chubbiesmom

Need to vent

Postby chubbiesmom » Fri Feb 20, 2009 08:26 am

I'm new to this section. My son was a little over 35 weeks when he was born due to mild PE and prom. I know he's on the larger size, he was 7 lbs 8 oz. but still considered a preemie lol. I am having such anxiety over what happened with him on sunday and have no one to really talk to about it.

Just a recap on my son Chase's life so far. He was born January 30th and was able to come home 2 days later. He spent his first night in special care due to mucus issues, but other then that he was healthy.He came down with RSV last week and is now on a vent, chest tube, and of course a feeding tube. They took the catheter out yesterday. On sunday when he was his worst, they mentioned life flighing him 2 hrs away to go on the ECMO ventilater because he was that bad.

I have been having flash backs of him from sunday when he almost died. My dh wasn't there so he didn't see it. All I can picture his his grey lifeless body jerking as they bagged him for in hour. You know it's bad when they call up the chaplan. I just want to forget that so much but cry everyday because I can't get that day out of my head.

I know other moms have been thru this and just needed someone to vent to because I know my dh is just barely holding it together too and don't think he needs a descriptive picture of the events from Sunday.

Thanks for reading

Michelle

Return to “Parents of Preemies”