ADD??

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

ADD??

Postby mommiesangel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 09:52 am

Hi everyone!
Its been forever since we been on here. Hope everyone is well and your little peanuts are thriving! Gabrielle is now 2 1/2 yrs old and is doing very well. She can count when you lay items out for her, knows all her ABC's, 123's and loves doing crafts, coloring, cooking and likes wrking on her puzzles. She will be starting preschool in September.

I know I hate when people compare her to her cousin but I did it the other day :0< Her cousin who is also 2 1/2 was wrking on her coloring book and she was wrking on it so quitely and would wrk on one page till it was competely colored in. Gabrielle on the other hand would color a few strokes and than turn the page. She does this quite often with her regular coloring books. She also does other things that worry DH & I but we don't know if its a typical 2 1/2 yr old behavior or its a warning that she has ADD. I was going to bring this up to her pedi when she gets her regular check up.

mommiesangel

Re : ADD??

Postby mnmom » Mon Apr 05, 2010 03:53 pm

Hi Hallie, nice to "see" you! I would not worry about that at all. My almost 4 yr old still does that with his color books. How is the potty training going?
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mommiesangel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:51 pm

quote:
Originally posted by MNmom

Hi Hallie, nice to "see" you! I would not worry about that at all. My almost 4 yr old still does that with his color books. How is the potty training going?

Hi Lori! Nice to see you too. Potty training was put on hold for a couple of weeks due to holding our BM's till it hurt so much she screamed and cried. She ended up on Milax (sp?) for a couple of weeks and finally we are back on track. Now if we can only get her to go on the potty and not the floor it would be wonderful
mommiesangel

Postby trish » Tue Apr 06, 2010 03:49 pm

My almost 5 year old just recently (in the past 6 months or so) started coloring in the lines & completing whole coloring pages. My 2 year old does a few swipes and circles & that's it. I'd say a 2 1/2 year old sitting quietly & doing whole pages is more unusual than one who isn't. :)
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby darateacher » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm

just from a teacher's point of view... we don't ask for a dr's test for ADD/ADHD until your child is about 5-6 years old. Before then, all children have extra energy, are impulsive, etc... It's all a part of being pre-school aged. :-)
darateacher

Postby mommiesangel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 02:58 pm

quote:
Originally posted by darateacher

just from a teacher's point of view... we don't ask for a dr's test for ADD/ADHD until your child is about 5-6 years old. Before then, all children have extra energy, are impulsive, etc... It's all a part of being pre-school aged. :-)

Thank you for that FYI. Think I am just worried because my nephews has ADD & going back from when he was her age she does a lot of what he did.
mommiesangel

Return to Parents of Preemies