Anyone with babies who developed Hemangiomas?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
marialynn242

Re : Anyone with babies who developed Hemangiomas?

Postby marialynn242 » Mon May 10, 2010 06:07 pm

I had my son at 26 weeks and he has a quarter size hemangiomas on his shoulder, i dont know if it has anything to do with PE but I know quite a few people who have never had PE and one of their kids has hemangiomas

kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Anyone with babies who developed Hemangiomas?

Postby kara » Thu May 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi Sharon,
I think there are a couple posters here with a child with hemangioma, but not an overwhelming number. I think it is probably coincidental, but haven't looked at any studies. My SIL had perfect pregnancies and her second had a couple of hemangioma's that went away on their own.

shaym2009

Anyone with babies who developed Hemangiomas?

Postby shaym2009 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 03:12 pm

I delivered my 2nd son at 35 weeks Feb 7th. Several weeks later, we noticed a hemangioma (strawberry birthmark)grew on his left nostril. While researching hemangiomas on various sites, but mainly the VBF site, I discovered a number of mothers had PE. I thought I would post here to see if there are any other PE/HELLP moms whose baby had this. I also read on one site that the hemangioma tissue is similar to placenta tissue. If PE/HELLP develops because of a problem in the placenta, is there any link to hemangiomas? It's probably just coincidental, but it made me wonder. By the way (sorry for the long post), my first son born at 28wks due to PE/HELLP did not have a hemangioma. He did, however, have two mongolian spots (birthmarks). His skin is darker than his younger brothers so that could explain it.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”