Get rolling.....UPDATED!!!!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
cindyh27

Re : Get rolling.....UPDATED!!!!

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Jan 24, 638287 6:57 pm

WooHoo!!!!!!!! That is fantastic!!!!! Too funny about scaring him with your excitement Way to roll Zachay!!

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Mon Jan 24, 638287 2:17 pm

Woo hoo way to go Zachary!! Glad to hear that he made his "big move".

Take care, Michelle

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Thu Nov 04, 638286 10:58 am

What a big boy Zachary is! Way to grow Zachary!! I agree with everyone else 'be patient'... Carson was a late roller too ;)

Congrats!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well :)

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sun Oct 24, 638286 2:12 pm

Hey, I had one that didn't roll till she was almost 7 months old [all the others were rolling between 3-5 months], and I was convinced there must be something wrong with her. But, that's just how she was - really laid back and didn't really see a need to be all "developmentally on target". LOL! She also didn't walk till she was 16 months old - we finally started calling her the "puddle baby". But now, at almost 3 years old, you would NEVER know that she was a "late bloomer" - she is very physically adept and very smart.

So, don't worry - he will get to it when *he* is ready!

Kelly

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Sat Oct 23, 638286 11:59 pm

Thank you everyone! He does like tummy time! SO that is a plus! I just need to be a little more patient! I know that he can roll from his tummy to his back! He just chooses not to! Stubborn baby! He get that from his daddy! We are all doing well though! I am back to work,(which really stinks)! But it pays the bills. At his last appointment at 4 months he was 15lbs and 24 1/4" long! It seem like he was just born! My how the time flys!!

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Oct 13, 638286 7:49 am

Hi Michelle! It's great to see you here and I can't believe Zachary is almost 5 months old!

Xander rolled from his tummy to back occasionally (I honestly don't remember exactly how many months he was, maybe 3 or 4?), but not consistently. We did tummy time too and I knew he knew how, but he just did it when he wanted to (and that was not very often). When he was about 5 1/2 months, he figured out how to roll from his back to his belly and he's been a roly poly boy ever since! He's now able to roll both ways and he is on the verge of crawling (he mostly goes backwards and it's so frustrating for him!). This really happened all of a sudden, so I wouldn't worry about it. My DH is a developmental psychologist and he keeps telling me that every baby is different and they all do things in their own time. Of course if you are really concerned, you could always talk to your pedi.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 13, 638286 7:36 am

Both mine were late rollers and crawlers - likely because I was lazy about enforcing tummy time. It's entirely possible that he's doing it when you aren't around. We'd discover that Ella had rolled, but never actually witnessed it until she was around six months or so. Tummy to back is the first, and then back to tummy. I'd toss some toys around him on a blanket and let him play around for awhile, but he'll get it! And I totally can't believe he's already 5 months!?

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Wed Oct 13, 638286 6:18 am

Ahhhh, relax! That's my advice! It will happen. And when it does, watch out! No more leaving the room, even for a split second to grab the phone or camera, because rolling = movement = exploration which could = band-aids!

I don't remember when Henry started rolling ... but he's been delayed in most things. I never pushed either. (then again, I was fighting pretty severe ppd, so maybe I'm not the best judge)

Does he like tummy time? That's great if he does! Dear Henry didn't.

And I think it's cute that he has you guys wrapped around his finger ... Henry still does!!!

michellelhuston

Get rolling.....UPDATED!!!!

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Oct 13, 638286 2:50 am

Zachary will be 5 months next Monday. But the boy will not roll over!! He has gone from his tummy to his back 2x's in the same night about 1 1/2 months ago, but he has not rolled anymore!!! When did all of your babies start rolling? Shouldn't he be by now??? We do a lot of tummy time and lay him on the floor. When he is done or wants to do something else he just starts screaming and eventually I or DH has to go get him because he will cry so hard that he starts coughing. Any suggestions?

**************************UPDATE************************************
He did it!! Back to tummy!!!!! A couple of times now!!!!!! I even saw the first time too! Poor thing though, I screamed "YOU GOT IT" so loud that I scared him and he rolled back the other way and started to cry!!!! I feel better though!

Return to “After your baby is born .....”