Sitting up tubs!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
katevans

Re : Sitting up tubs!

Postby katevans » Fri Jan 17, 638290 7:15 pm

Hallie,
When Tommy started sitting up well, I put him in the blow up duck tub, and placed it in the bathtub. I bought it at Target and it's made by Munchkin. Because it's blown up, the sides are soft in case he tipped over ect. It transitioned us well to the tub. I did try the seat with the suction cups on the bottom. I felt it was too confining and I couldn't clean his boy parts well. Hope this helps, and good luck.

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Sun Jan 05, 638290 4:28 pm

http://www.babyant.com/bh012043.html

We had something kind of like this. It was great for that in between phase, until the baby could really sit well in the bath and wants freedom to play.

These seats have received soem bad press, as the suction cups can detach from the tub and the seat tip over. But here's the deal if you are right there with the baby this is nto a big issue. If the baby really leans and the seat does start to tip, you fix it. The problem comes from folks who sitck baby in and then walk away!!! Also, it suction better in the water than dry.

With both kids we stopped using the bath seat when they began using it to pull to a stand - that made it go form helpful to unsafe.

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Sun Jan 05, 638290 3:35 pm

quote:Originally posted by alaskamommy

We got an awesome bath chair seat that Niko loves. An arm attaches to the side of the tub, so the seat can't go anywhere, and the seat part sits right in the tub but swivels, which is nice. It's a bit big around, so at first Niko would lean backwards in it, until he realized he could swish his hands in the water so now he sits up more. That's what he's sitting in in our avatar. We got it at WalMart if that helps. =)

Christina:
First let me say Niko is just ADORABLE!!
The tub you are using for him is the exact one I had to return to Safety 1st due to it not fitting our tub side.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7977227

I thought about getting her this one instead but there has been so many good and bad reviews I don't know if we should even bother.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5691058

We thought about using the kitchen sink but our sink is so tiny (we live in a older home) and out dated that I would hate for her to suffer being cramped up in there.

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Sun Jan 05, 638290 12:48 pm

We got an awesome bath chair seat that Niko loves. An arm attaches to the side of the tub, so the seat can't go anywhere, and the seat part sits right in the tub but swivels, which is nice. It's a bit big around, so at first Niko would lean backwards in it, until he realized he could swish his hands in the water so now he sits up more. That's what he's sitting in in our avatar. We got it at WalMart if that helps. =)

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sun Jan 05, 638290 4:35 am

We did the kitchen sink, we just moved to the big people's tub last week now and she loves it!

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Sat Jan 04, 638290 11:23 pm

There is also a blow up insert that will fit inside of the tub, if she does fall, it's a softer landing.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Dec 26, 638289 12:02 am

If the kitchen sink doesn't work (and it did for us!), you can buy a foamy sponge mat that sits in the tub so that if she does tip, it's a cushy soft surface. They're super cheap, too.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Wed Dec 25, 638289 6:13 pm

Hallie,

Just put her in the kitchen sink! Seriously. When Avery was that age, sat up well, but I wasn't 100% that she wouldn't fall back and hit her head, I put her in the kitchen sink (washed out and sanitized of course. I put a washcloth on the bottom so it was a little more comfy to sit on, and then filled it up and stuck her in. It was wonderful on my back to not lean over the tub too. They hav e alittle support with the sides of the sink...just be careful of the water spout so she doesn't hit her head (ours swiveled to the other side of the sink).

mommiesangel

Sitting up tubs!

Postby mommiesangel » Wed Dec 25, 638289 4:53 pm

Gabrielle has gotten to the point where she wants to sit up in the tub now. We have a toddler/infant tub which has suited us fine till now. The toddler part of the tub she will sit up fine some times but will either lean frwd to much and grab her pigs (feet) or will lean to the side because she will get lazy. [}:)] Am tempted on making a seat belt for the toddler side till we can find one that will suit her better. [:p]

What do you guys use for your little peanuts that sit up well enough? We have tired Safety 1st tubside tub but it doesn't fit our new re-done bathtub (sides are to fat) and the swivel thing just wasn't working properly.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”