question about feeding chairs

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
katevans

Re : question about feeding chairs

Postby katevans » Thu May 01, 638290 9:10 pm

We put down a disposable mat when we eat out, and off the table or a paper plate at home. Tommy is starting to use silverware now so we are also transitioning to plates and bowls.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Thu May 01, 638290 7:10 am

I'm with everyone else - LOVE IT!

Henry also hit a point where he didn't like his high chair anymore. And we've never used the tray - we just set him up at the table where we sit.

Now, if only DH hadn't taught him to "ding" his drinking glass ... *sigh* he's growing up so fast.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu May 01, 638290 4:12 am

She just eats off the table. We have a travel mat that we take to restaurants. Another plus to the clip seat is that it has four sides to it so when they are still somewhat learning to sit in a seat, they have support. We started both of ours in it before they could sit unassisted.

The only downside is that it can't be used on small tables (like a card table - the small ones at Panera, etc).

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Apr 30, 638290 7:56 pm

Thanks so much everyone.

Cathy and Heather...what do you do about the fact that there is no tray on the clip-on seat?

Well, it looks like I have some shopping to do!

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Tue Apr 29, 638290 9:18 pm

I have used a Fisher Price booster seat with a tray for both my kiddos. (you can see the pic in the last link posted by Hallie)

I love it. It is cheaper and smaller than a high chair, and very portable for those trips to Grandma's. I have even seen people carry theirs into a restaurant. It has adjustable straps that go around the seat and back of the chair so it fits most chairs, and I always felt like it was well-secured in place.

I also love that you can pop the tray in the dishwasher. I also found the base easier to clean than the high chair I had originally purchased.

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Sun Apr 20, 638290 5:54 pm

Gabrielle has 2 seats, one for when we go out and the other one for home.

This is the one we use at home and here is a photo of her in it for the very first time.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2508005

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff71 ... 0079-2.jpg

This is the one we will be using very shortly for when we go out
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2265272

blythe

Postby blythe » Sun Apr 20, 638290 4:25 pm

Jana, our house was so tiny we couldn't fit a high chair! I tried 4 different boosters (long story). I actually was okay with all of them but I just emailed you a link to my *favorite*. If I remember right, they all strapped to the chair *very* securely, and had 3-point belts (hip, hip, between the legs). The main difference I found was ease of cleaning and ease of packing up to take to restaurants, etc. I'm sure you'd find one that works for you!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Apr 20, 638290 3:40 pm

Seconding Cathy on the Chicco clip seat - it has two large rubber hippos on it. We bought it with Nicolas and have continued using it with Ella. It was $50 and probably one of *the* best baby gear items I've bought. She sits right at the table with us; we use it at home more than restaurants now that she's so mobile, but it's easy to take along as well (that's how we begin using it anyway, but it always ends up at home replacing the highchair).

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sun Apr 20, 638290 9:22 am

Jana,

We moved to a smaller house when Braden was 7 months old and the kitchen was itty bitty so I wanted to try to have as much room as possible and that's when I switched to the booster chair. The one I got was from babeis r us and it was their brand very very cheap $12. It works just as fine as the name brand ones like safety first,that's the brand my mom has at her house and it works the same. The staps are just around the waist, between the legs and around the waist.
Braden stopped using it when we moved again just last summer he wanted to be a "big boy" that's a 2 year old for you!

Hope this helps and happy shopping!:)

katevans

Postby katevans » Sun Apr 20, 638290 7:49 am

Jana,
I have the Chicco clip on that I use when we go out to eat. It has come in handy around the house, esp when we have playdates. The seat clamps on to our dining room table, and also our counter. Also, it's very easy to clean.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”