Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Partner change, birth interval and risk of PE

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.

Re : Partner change, birth interval and risk of PE

Postby jenndola » Thu Aug 09, 2007 01:24 am

by jenndola (1851 Posts), Thu Aug 09, 2007 01:24 am

I'm just going to use this as an excuse to upgrade to a newer model. [;)]
jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby hhbeachgurl » Wed Aug 15, 2007 01:02 am

by hhbeachgurl (655 Posts), Wed Aug 15, 2007 01:02 am

Caryn-
so if you wait 5 years or so and get pregnant with the same partner and his genes contributed (my doc thinks so as he has had high bp since he was in highschool...is now 35) then would that just up your chances more? Is that what the study is saying? Thanks
hhbeachgurl

Postby caryn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 am

by caryn (10177 Posts), Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 am

I think the "waiting five years" part is what ups your chances, not staying with the same partner. But partner change lowers your risk.

And honestly, it's taken them years to turn up much suggesting a real role for the partner's genes, so whatever effect there is from the father is likely to be small I would think. It's more the mom's genes, and hence vasculature, than the father's.

That said, I do tend to point some fingers at my DH's genes as well as at my own. One of my sisters has had severe PE at term, and his brother has fathered a child born with profound IUGR. So we'd be playing with a stacked deck, kwim?
caryn
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News