Hello from the new Executive Director

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Hello from the new Executive Director

Postby kara » Fri Sep 07, 2007 08:14 pm

Welcome aboard Tom! Glad to have you!

Kara

denise

Postby denise » Fri Sep 07, 2007 07:40 pm

Welcome Tom!

sandy

Postby sandy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 06:52 pm

Welcome, Tom!!
We're thrilled to have you aboard.

tom-pf-exd

Hello from the new Executive Director

Postby tom-pf-exd » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:08 am

To All Friends and Supporters of PF:

First -- I'm thrilled to be part of this extraordinary organization and be associated with such an impressive collection of talented, passionate, and compassionate people. As I said in my "hello" to your Board and volunteer leaders on Tuesday . . . I take the responsibility that has been given me VERY seriously.

Many of you have suffered a loss that is unimaginable to most people. Many more of you carry wounds of the heart that may be "in remission" but will never go away. I salute each and every one of you for not giving in to the darker angels within us . . . I commend you for choosing to take action and do something about this devastating disorder rather than succumb to personal inertia and sit helplessly in a figurative corner.

At present, my "learning curve" is a little on the flat side. However, I promise that I will work diligently to become the type of leader and spokesperson this organization deserves. I am a believer in collaboration, I don't stand on formalities, getting the job done is the only job we have . . . and I know that no single person (no matter how talented or committed) can get that job done alone.

So please feel free to reach out to me at any time. My "virtual" office door is always open and I encourage your commentary, ideas, and when necessary, your chiding if called for.

E-mail: [email protected]

I'm fond of using Garrison Keillor's sign-off . . . so apologies to him for this little bit of minor plagiarism.

Be well and do good work.

With all best wishes . . .

Tom

Return to “Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News”