Peri Appointmrnt Tomorrow-Updated

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
melissam

Re : Peri Appointmrnt Tomorrow-Updated

Postby melissam » Fri Jun 08, 637668 11:06 pm

I am late coming in here...I don't make it in this forum very often anymore. But I did want to tell you that I think you had a great appointment and I am so glad that you are more comfortable about things this time around.

Good luck on the baby making and hope it happens soon for you.

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Fri Jun 08, 637668 3:15 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes!

lucy

Postby lucy » Fri May 04, 637668 1:58 am

Michelle I am glad to hear your papt went well, good luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

julie f

Postby julie f » Tue Apr 24, 637668 2:53 am

Michelle,

So glad you're appointment went well!!! Here's to a very quick TTC journey!

keneke68

Postby keneke68 » Sun Apr 22, 637668 2:38 pm

Congrats on a good appt!!! Good luck ttcing!!!![:D]

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Jan 22, 637666 11:45 am

Michelle,
Hi! I'm so glad your appointment went well! [:)] Congratulations on getting to begin the journey again...!

Best wishes,
Heather

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Fri Jan 22, 637666 8:23 am

I had a great appointment yesterday! I am so happy! My Peri is very positive about me getting pregnant again! Last year after I had my son, they did a bunch of blood test (i.e. Factor V etc.) All of these test came back normal. He said that he was erally surprised that I did not have any blood clotting disorders. Which he now believes that my case was not as severe as they first thought! Yeah!!! So, now we get to start the ttc process! After they hear the heartbeat, I will start the Lovenox shots probably 2 times a day! Assuming all goes well, I will have a c-section at 37 weeks! (I had a c-section the first time, and because the way I am cut, I have to have them every time!) Also my BP was great! 120/84 I have just been watching it, as my parents both have high blood pressure! Thanks, for all of your advice! It was really helpful! The questions were great too!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Jan 12, 637666 10:12 am

Michelle,

How did your appointment go?

Heather

julie f

Postby julie f » Thu Dec 31, 637665 2:05 pm

Michelle,

I was horribly nervous before my first preconception appt after losing my son, I remember feeling like the fate of my ability to bear children lay in his hands... As we left the office, I was in tears - not because it went badly but because he didn't tell me not to have any more children. I still felt like I needed more answers though so I met with two other peris before we found the one we became a patient of.

Here is a link to a list of questions that one of our members had made before her appt., it might help you a bit: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3910

Like Heather said, I think it's a GREAT idea to take notes on what the dr. says. After I left my first appt., I was so emotional and so filled with info that I found myself confusing things. Dh and I would talk about it and we'd come up with two different versions of what was said...

I wish you the very best, please let us know how it goes.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Dec 31, 637665 3:10 am

Take a list of everything and anything you may want to know now or in the future no matter how unrelated or unimportant you think it may be!! We went in with a book [;)] (almost), but left with everything addressed. You may want to take notes, too...just in case you're like me, and you forget tidbits by the time it's all over! Also, be prepared to be there for a good while (mine was a couple hours). Most importantly, RELAX and be prepared to give them some blood! The sheer number of vials makes it look far worse than it is!

Good luck,
Heather

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”