Preconception Appts?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
julie f

Re : Preconception Appts?

Postby julie f » Sun Apr 22, 637668 7:13 am

I had several preconception appts and always just called in to schedule a preconception consult. When consulting with my regular OB, she obviously already knew why and it was no problem. When scheduling with the other peris, I gave the receptionist a brief rundown of my history and that was enough said.

I think it really comes down to whatever is most comfortable for you. If you decide to do it during your annual, I'd call your doctor ahead of time so they can block out a bigger time slot for you. My experience with annuals is that you're in and out in 10 minutes and my preconception appts were a lot longer than that...!

Best of luck.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sun Apr 22, 637668 3:30 am

I did it seperatly and I think that's a good way to do it. You will probably remember all your questions you want to ask better and you will think clearer.

Best of luck to you :)

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Fri Jan 22, 637666 8:40 am

Hi Sabrina!

I was scheduled last week Monday for my annual exam. When my doctor came in. I told him that we were thinking about trying again. He told me that he would do my exam and then let me get dressed and then came into talk to me. He is just a regular OB dr. and wanted me to consult the peri in the group. So I scheduled an appointment with him. The girls at the scheduling desk asked what it was for, just so they knew the time slot to put me in. I jsut said that it was a preconception consultation and nothing more was said. I don't think that it is that uncommon. I am sure they make appointments all the time for this. One suggestion that I have is to ask for the the very last appoinment of the day. That way the doctor won't have to cut you short to run off to another patient waiting. His focus can be you and he can spend as much time as you want! Hope this helps!

missgamecock

Preconception Appts?

Postby missgamecock » Fri Jan 22, 637666 4:45 am

Is it better to schedule a preconcept with your annual exam or separately. I'm leaning on doing a preconcept separately simply because of all the stuff that has to be done for testing, plans, etc. While it would be nice to schedule with my annual for convenience, I know that I would forget something while I am naked. Yeah that's how it works. You get naked into a gown and sit and talk with the dr. Then he does the exam. I think I would rather be in a more comfortable setting.

How did you do it? When you called, did you say the appt was specifically for a preconcept? Is that normal? As you can see, uncharted waters for me seeing I jumped in without a lifering last time. I would rather not do that. It doesn't seem like there is enough time with an annual exam. I guess if you had "normal" pregnancies, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”