vertical c/s and when to start TTC question

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
darateacher

Re : vertical c/s and when to start TTC question

Postby darateacher » Wed Jul 03, 638289 6:23 pm

I'll ask my peri on Monday. I'm praying that all it means is that they could deal with it, and all will turn out fine. I want to start naturally whenever I can, after cycles are regular. Then, do the FET after a couple of tries...around July.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Jul 03, 638289 3:37 pm

He probably means by that statement it would not be the best thing, but it would not be the worst thing in the world and they would deal with it. My ob said he preferred me to wait 3 months (I didn't have a csection though) and I said no way. He said something similar.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sun Jun 23, 638289 7:35 pm

dara - I emailed you

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Jun 23, 638289 5:42 pm

kate- I don't want an irritable anything! Just wondering what my peri was thinking when he said, "it wouldn't be horrid if you got pg before 6 months are up." What do you think that means?

katevans

Postby katevans » Sun Jun 23, 638289 9:07 am

Dara,
I waited 6 months before getting pregnant with Tommy. I had a horizontal c/s with Kaitlyn. I had 4 episodes of pre-term labor. My Peri referred to me as having an irritable uterus because I waited only 6 months. I was able to hold on to Tommy until 36 weeks. Good luck with what ever you decide.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Sun Jun 23, 638289 3:27 am

I agree with Kara! We want you to have a healthy pregnancy so run it by your peri!

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Jun 23, 638289 3:24 am

I have to wait until next Monday for answers! I hate waiting...especially right now when everyone around me is pg!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sun Jun 23, 638289 12:46 am

I would guess your doc just wants to make sure your body is healed enough to support another pregnancy. Not only because of the section, but because PE can take a toll on your body and systems. Each doctor and each woman's circumstance is different. I think it's a good question to ask the Peri...exactly why he would want you to wait until July, and ask him how he would feel about an earlier pregnancy? See what the professionals say! I can totally understand your desire to not wait... Let us know what you find out.

darateacher

vertical c/s and when to start TTC question

Postby darateacher » Sat Jun 22, 638289 10:22 pm

I had a vertical incision done on Feb. 6th. My peri says that we can do the FET in July, if my cycles allow.

However, I am just plain dying inside and want to be pg more than ever right now!

In the hospital, my peri said that "it wouldn't be horrid" if I got pg earlier than July, just he wants to be sure that the uterus is strong and healthy. So, my question is, if it wouldn't be horrid to get pg in June, what would happen if it were earlier than July?

Uterine rupture doesn't happen until right before labor, and I'm doing a c-section for all subsequent pgs. Also, I asked my peri about this, and he said chances of that happening are less than 1%.

So, what WOULD happen do you think? Thanks!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”