Is this silly?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Re : Is this silly?

Postby sheri-ct » Sat May 31, 2008 09:23 am

It is not silly at all. It sounds like a great idea.

joker

Postby joker » Fri May 30, 2008 06:16 pm

Thanks ladies! You all have definitely made me feel good about painting the furniture in advance. Thanks!

neslo

Postby neslo » Wed May 28, 2008 08:39 pm

Jen - I think that's a great idea... It's good to plan ahead. I'm trying to figure out what to do with our crib too. We need to get it out of the way - but I'm not sure I'm ready to put it away yet.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed May 28, 2008 08:37 pm

Jen it isn't silly I understand.... I remember being so freaked through my pregnancy with Mira that I didnt buy anything for her.

I think I would feel as you do and it seems like something hopeful for the future.

katevans

Postby katevans » Wed May 28, 2008 07:51 pm

Jen,
Your not being silly. I left the crib up after Kaitlyn passed away, she never came home from the NICU. After we became pregnant with Tommy, I bought all new "boy" bedding and redecorated the room. I ended up donating the crib bedding from Kaitlyn to a women's shelter.

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Wed May 28, 2008 01:33 am

Great idea! It's best to avoid paint fumes while you're pregnant. :)

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Tue May 27, 2008 10:47 pm

I have to say that I used to think that way" Am I jinxing myself if I plan ahead etc" but really we are not it's all in timing when we get pregnant again and it'll happen:))
I agree with everyone on saying paint away! It'll be good for you and you'll probably feel real good about it when you do it. Remember though you'll always think of Abby!:)

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Tue May 27, 2008 10:22 pm

This isn't the least bit silly. In fact, I think it's incredibly healthy. And there's never anything wrong with hoping for the very best--if we didn't all do that in some little way, we'd never even try to get pregnant again!

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Tue May 27, 2008 08:49 pm

You're not being silly at all. (((HUGS!))) It totally makes sense to me. You're looking ahead and don't want to be reminded of the pain you've experienced. You're not jinxing yourself at all. You're making it more comfortable for yourself to enjoy getting pg again. It's not silly to think you'll get pg right away either. Maybe you can! :-) Just like all of us, you can try your best and pray for the best. I think you'll be reminded of Abby no matter what, which is a great thing...to remember your beautiful daughter. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and Abby.

joker

Is this silly?

Postby joker » Tue May 27, 2008 08:23 pm

We have a crib that we got for Abby. Obviously, we plan to use it for our earthly baby one day. The thing is, I really want to paint it, change it so that it doesn't remind me of Abby.

I have the next four weeks off work and thought it would be a good time to try to paint it (as long as it stops raining at some point). I figure I could paint it now, before TTC and then it would already be done if I get pregnant again and it would be one less thing to worry about getting done. Does that make sense?

Honestly though, am I jinxing myself? Is that silly to be thinking of these things? I guess I am just betting on getting pregnant right away, maybe that is silly. Argh.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”