If you've done IVF.....

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
meesh

Re : If you've done IVF.....

Postby meesh » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:22 am

Kim - I know this next week will be torture for you. The 2ww (especially the last week) just kills me! I've never been good at holding out on the hpt's but it's probably best I'm sure. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Sheri-congrats on the pg! It sounds like the bp rise wasn't that big of a deal for you and that's good news that it came down with the cycle.

Becky - I'm so very sorry about the loss of your daughter. It sounds like whatever increase in bp there is with the meds is not huge and it does come down after you are off of them so I don't think we have much to worry about. My doctor has plans for me to just take a larger dose if there is a problem.

norlisa k

Postby norlisa k » Thu Jul 02, 2009 09:37 am

Hi Becky,

My BPs went up during my FET cycle with my son. Everything remained under control, though. The key to success in our case was the close collaboration between my RE and perinatologist. The RE eliminated the birth control pill (containing estrogen) from my protocol because my peri didn't want me to take them (risk of increased blood pressures). At the RE's practice, the doctors tailor the protocols to each patient, and work with perinatologists as deemed necessary. As my FET cycle went forward, my peri gave his "blessing" with each step. He let me know what BPs to look out for and when to be alarmed, and if need be, would change the meds accordingly. That close collaboration/team effort among my RE, peri, husband and myself made a huge difference.

Glad to hear that you're discussing this with your PCP next week, hopefully your PCP can help answer your questions and get you going in a direction that you feel comfortable with. If in your shoes: if I could get a "team" going which involved the RE working in close collaboration with the peri, where both doctors would answer questions to my satisfaction, it would give a lot of peace of mind.

Wishing the best for you,

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 09:44 pm

Michelle, I'm glad you asked. I just met with my RE last week to discuss a FET cycle and have been wondering the same thing. The consent form talks about estrogen therapy possibly raising your BP. I plan on discussing this with my PCP next week. Did anyone see a change in BP during a FET cycle?

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Wed Jul 01, 2009 08:28 pm

I am not on bp meds (yet!), but my bp did go up while I was on the Lupron (was on it for 3 months due to severe endo). It got better once my E2 started going up.

Good luck to both of you!

Sheri

shelbys mom

Postby shelbys mom » Wed Jul 01, 2009 01:32 pm

HCTZ is one of the medications that they say is not safe in pregnancy, I find out on the 9th, I am trying not to test myself, and its killing me!

meesh

Postby meesh » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks Kim. I'm glad to hear it wasn't too bad for you. Can I ask why you stopped the HCTZ? When do you find out if you're pg?

shelbys mom

Postby shelbys mom » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:06 am

Michelle, Hi I have high blood pressure too, and just did my second round of IVF, I am in my waiting period to see if it worked, I take 50 mg toprol once a day, I stopped the HCTZ (water pill), as soon as I started stimming, the only time I noticed my bloodpressure getting crazy so far was when I had to take the birth control for a month to shut everything down, before the stimming. I do check my pressures at least once a day, and they have been good. Good luck,if you have any questions please feel free to email me!!

meesh

If you've done IVF.....

Postby meesh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 09:21 pm

what did the IVF meds do to your blood pressure? This will be my first IVF as a chronic hypertensive and my doctor warned me that my bps might get crazy and I may need a lot of med adjusting during that time. Anyone have experience to share?

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”