Harvest Day

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
lauchlan

Re : Harvest Day

Postby lauchlan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 am

That's a great I'm sending prayers your way!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Sounds like a great cycle! Keeping everything crossed for you!

angieb

Postby angieb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 pm

10 is fantastic!

My fingers are crossed for you!

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Wonderful news! I hope you get good news from the embryologist tomorrow. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Absolutely, Lisa. I'm so excited and happy for you. My best friend just delivered boy/girl twins from a spring IVF. She had five eggs that were able to be fertilized and two that were transfered, so it sounds like you've done a GREAT job! Lots of prayers headed your direction!

lisacarmel

Harvest Day

Postby lisacarmel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 pm

After many days of lab work and ultra sounds, my eggs were finally retrieved this morning. The doctor announced that he was able to retrieve 10 eggs. He said there was 12 but two didn't amount to anything. I'm so proud of my ovaries. I guess they're not as old as the doctors thought. The embryologist will call me tomorrow to let me know how the fertilized eggs are doing. I'm anxious to hear from her. The groggy feeling is going away and I only have very slight discomfort on my right side. The journey is far from over but I feel a little closer to our dream of once again holding a baby in our arms.

If you wouldn't mind keeping us in your thoughts and prayers it would be greatly appreciated. The next phase is the transferring of the embryos. It should be in approximately 5 days. : )

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”