Embryo Update

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
ruby608

Re : Embryo Update

Postby ruby608 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 04:12 am

I am so excited for yo, but I have told you this over and over again. Your probably sick of hearing me say it. LOL
Can't wait to see all the good thing progress. :)

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Hoping everything went well for you!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Good luck!

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 05:22 pm

I understand, I figured that would be a really tough decision. My prayers are with you that it all works out!

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Mon Jan 18, 2010 01:22 pm

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, sticky dust, and following our journey.

Angie~ My husband and I have discussed transfering 2 embryos because it will give us the greatest chance. It's a hard decision because I don't want the risk of multiples on top of worrying about Preeclampsia coming back. On the other hand we don't want to have gone through all this to put one embryo back and not have it take. We will make our final decision after speaking with the embryologist tomorrow morning.

lauchlan

Postby lauchlan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 09:54 am

Sounds like things are progressing nicely! Huge prayers that everything goes perfectly tomorrow.

bkanglin

Postby bkanglin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Wishing you much luck and keeping you in my thoughts!

angieb

Postby angieb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 05:34 pm

Have you decided how many you'll transfer?

I'm glad it sounds like it's going so well! Good luck with the transfer, my fingers are crossed for you!

lisacarmel

Embryo Update

Postby lisacarmel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 05:28 pm

Last week my doctor was able to retrieve 10 eggs from my IVF cycle. Here's the scoop on my eggs. One egg was too immature and two eggs were degenerate. All three of those eggs were discarded. That left me with 7 eggs. Out of the seven, six showed definite signs of fertilization. The embryologist was going to watch the seventh egg closely because sometimes they catch up in their own time.

This afternoon the embryologist called to give me an update. I have four embryos that have divided 10 times and two embryos that have divided 8 times. They are all on schedule and doing great. The seventh embryo never progressed so it had to be discarded. My transfer is scheduled for Tue., Jan. 19 but I don't know the time yet. My doctor's office will only transfer 2 embryos at the most so there is no chance of me becoming an octo-mom. Thank Goodness! It's funny because my husband and I never thought we would be parents to an angel in heaven and six babies. Please pray that our embryos continue to divide and grow strong.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”