your thoughts please!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
muddmomma2

Re : your thoughts please!

Postby muddmomma2 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks ladies...I know it is probably a crazy thought but I had to ask just because it had been on my mind so much. Kerisue, a gestational carrier perhaps, but I don't know... I have thought about adoption as a possible option, have you maybe considered that option. I told my husband maybe "our children" are out there waiting for us, maybe we will meet them through adoption...oh the possibilities--I don't know... but anyway I wish you both the best of luck! I guess we will all figure it out eventually..when we are suppose to! Take care

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Sat Jul 24, 2010 09:25 pm

I think Lisa is probably right, but I can mirror your feelings Muddmomma- due to my age (um, late 30s)I figured Millie would be my only child, but I was secretly hoping for twins so I could have a 2 for 1 pregnancy. She was a singleton and didn't survive. Not that any baby could replace her, but I find myself thinking about pregnancy again and STILL fantasizing about twins- even though the doc advised me no more pregnancies and would certainly be against twins where the risk for PE is even higher. If I had the $ a gestational carrier might be the way to go.

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 03:25 pm

Congrats on the birth of your second child. My opinion is not to use IVF just to try for multiples. I've been going through fertility treatment for some time now and have done one IVF cycle. First, IVF is very demanding and hard on your body. Next, it is very expensive and most insurances don't cover it. My cycle was some where in the ballpark of $16,000. If you can conceive naturally I think that's the way to go. Give your husband some time, maybe he will change his mind. In the meantime, enjoy the children you have.

muddmomma2

your thoughts please!

Postby muddmomma2 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 05:13 pm

Hi! I just delivered my second child...second pregnancy with PE. My husband is very scared to try again...I am not so sure..but very upset! The thought of no more children really makes me sad...I was wondering if anyone has thought about having multilples on purpose. I know it increases the risks, might even be unethical, and etc...but I just keep thinking if I could have just ONE more pregnancy...which is the hard part for all of us....and the out come be two children....I could be done...I dont know...maybe it is crazy, it probably is...just any thoughts on the matter. Thanks...and ps the more I read this the crazier I think it sounds, but I really want to here your thoughts!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”