3rd baby?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
muddmomma2

Re : 3rd baby?

Postby muddmomma2 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Oh my goodness mommy2maddie that sounds exactly like my husband and I, minus the IUD (I haven't started birhh control yet). My husband even said he was getting a vasectomy and I said the very same thing..with a few tears of course..it just makes me so SO so upset to think I might not have anymore children, the subject is very touchy...I told him I need time..that we both do and THEN we can decide! Thank you all for making me feel like I am not alone and not the only person in a situation like this!

mommy2maddie

Postby mommy2maddie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:15 am

I was in the same boat as you (even though in my second pregnancy I didnt officially get PE). My husband wanted to get vasectomy as soon as I recovered from my c-section. I wasnt so sure, and this is finally what I told him, I don't know if I want another baby but I am not ready to say that I don't ever want another one. So we opted with the Paragard IUD to buy ourselves sometime to think about it. We both have pretty much decided at this point that we would like to have another child in a couple more years, but we need to * our financial situation. I told him if the IUD stays in for ten years and we don't have it taken out to have another child then when I get it removed, NO babies, i will get my tubes tied!!

muddmomma2

Postby muddmomma2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks Ladies! Yes I can def. wait to decide. And kellikbock I am exactly like you ..lol...my daughter was born less than 4 weeks ago---but I guess I need to not worry and just enjoy the children I have now and I do really know that..I just ohhh..I don't even have words for it. Thank you all. We will wait and see how it goes I gues and see how our feelings change with time! Best of luck to you all!

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 09:58 am

We'd always planned on having four children, but after my last PP PE experience I freaked out. I was already planning adoption before my son was four months old. I just thought that being pregnant again was out of the question due to my own fear. Today, I'm still scared but not as much. I've seen doctors, prayed, and spoke with friends...turns out, my worst fears are relativily rare if monitored closely...Also, I've decided that I can't go throughout life wondering, "what if?"...one more doctor visit/approval & some more weight loss and we'll go for it! I really suggest seeing your MFM to see if you can get your rough percentage of reoccurring. Mine is 8%-20%...

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Do you need to make a decision right now? Can you wait and see how feel in a little while? Sometimes we change our minds or feel differently about such big decisions.

I am certainly not ready to make a decision.

muddmomma2

3rd baby?

Postby muddmomma2 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Anyone ttc after already having had 2 preeclamptic pregnancies? My husband doesn't want to because he is scared, but the tought of NO more children is really bothering me...we have talked about other options but I am just so unsure at this point. Advice??? thanks

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”