Page 1 of 1

Re: Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist DC/MD/VA

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 02:59 pm
by admin
Here is the link to the professional society of Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists. You can use this link to search for a specialist in your area. These physicians have training and broad experience in diagnosis and management of hypertensive diseases in pregnancy, especially the most severe and very early onset cases of preeclampsia. They can provide needed advice regarding medications, fetal evaluation, ongoing management, and the timing of delivery. Of course, in cases of preterm or severe preeclampsia, monitoring should take place in a facility equipped to deal with maternal emergencies and intensive neonatal care. We wish you the best of luck! If you can, please keep in touch with us to let us know how everything is going

Re: Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist DC/MD/VA

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 03:49 pm
by mary-laura.calhoun
I am also interested in a good person who can oversee my (hypothetical, for now) second pregnancy after pre-eclampsia, HELLP, and a c-section. Would prefer an MFM who can manage my whole pregnancy rather than someone who consults an OB. Would prefer to deliver at WHC or GW. I can find listings of MFM's, but it's hard to find out which ones would manage my pregnancy without first making an appointment.

Re: Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist DC/MD/VA

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 06:22 pm
by eleni
If it's not too late and you still need a referral, please contact us directly via email at info @ preeclampsia (dot) org.

I'm so sorry there are not other responses here. We do know of several good doctors in the DC Metro area.

Best wishes,

Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist DC/MD/VA

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 08:19 pm
by mbrown707
I live in Washington DC. I had HELLP at 25wks. My son is now 2. My husband would like to have a second child. I am fearful. We are looking for a HELLP specialist in MD/DC/VA to consult with. Anyone know of any good perinatologist/Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist to consult with?

Thank you