Hashimoto's, Homo MTHFR C677T and Hetero PAI-I

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
yee7

Re : Hashimoto's, Homo MTHFR C677T and Hetero PAI-I

Postby yee7 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 07:01 pm

Hi, I have Hashimotos too and with my first born I had severe pre-eclampsia. He was 3 pounds 7 oz at birth and was delivered via c-section. He was 6 weeks early. I did not do very well on the synthetic thyroid but I am doing great on Armour (natural thyroid)

anthonyleah12

Postby anthonyleah12 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 09:26 pm

I am homo for MTHFR C677T, and I am also hetero PAI-I and I am on LDA and lovenox injections. As well as my prenatal and bp meds. I have never heard my MFM or my OB say lovenox does not work. I had my first son last year due to Severe pre-e at 24 weeks. I am now 28 weeks preg. with my second one and I have not had any major complications. I have had some minor ones such as bp issues (now controlled by meds), protein in the urine (which has dropped to 1+, was at 3+), gestional diabetes (starting insulin thursday), and anemia (taking iron )All of this is MINOR compared to the last preg, and I do believe the lovenox is working. My son weighed 15oz at birth, had reversed cord flow and this pregnancy baby is growing good. Hope everything goes well.

Leah

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Tue May 06, 2008 12:23 am

I don't know about the other two conditions, but I am PAI-1 hetero, and I am on regular prenatals and LDA. Recommended by both my OB and my hematologist.

I'm only in week 7 of my pregnancy, so I can't tell you if it prevents PE or not - but so far, so good!

I'm also doing Omega 3, calcium with vitamin D, and dark chocolate based on some preliminary studies I've seen. Nothing proven with these treatments, but my doc is fine with me trying them!

Good luck!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Hashimoto's, Homo MTHFR C677T and Hetero PAI-I

Postby sheri-ct » Tue May 06, 2008 09:25 am

Hello all,

I am so glad I found this site.  I have been reading for a while and I am amazed with the wealth of knowledge here.  I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's.  I always had high ATAs, but my TSH was always in the normal range.  I am now on Synthryoid.  I also recently discovered that I am Homo MTHFR C677T and Hetero PAI-I.  I called my RE and he checked my homocysteine level, which was 7.  He said that no treatment was necessary.  Uncomfortable with that, I called my OB.  She has started me on Folgard once a day and LDA.  She is not sure if the Lovenox is necessary, so she sending my to MFM for a consult, but I am not sure if I can get in before my FET.  

I did carry a twin pregnancy until 32 weeks before being diagnosed with severe pre-e.  My babies were both very small and my DS had several blood clots in his placenta. There were both vent dependant and my DS's lung development was less than a 28 weeker.  I did not know about any of these conditions during my pregnancy.

Is there anything else I should be doing?  My OB said that the recent studies say that the Lovenox is not helping?  Is that true?  Where can I find some information to share with her that suggests otherwise?  If I made it to 32 weeks with twins, does that increase my chances of making it to 37 weeks with a singleton?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I feel like I keep getting differing information from my doctors.  Thanks.

Sheri

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”