Lovenox spotting

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
jenndola
Forum Moderator

Re : Lovenox spotting

Postby jenndola » Mon Nov 17, 638634 2:20 pm

I'm glad you're doing well! It can be hard to assert ourselves with medical professionals. I think a lot of us have been conditioned to believe that doctors are the ultimate experts, and we should just go along with whatever they say. The shift in thinking takes a lot of work. Most of us here are advocates of keeping notes--writing down any questions you might have so that when you get into your appointment and feel overwhelmed and passive, you can just go through your list and get the answers you want. And always remember--your doctor works for you, not the other way around.

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Fri Nov 07, 638634 11:23 pm

Thank you, Jenn! My OB did a belly check & said not to worry (and that I don't even need to call in) with light brown spotting, and that I don't need to stop the lovenox or get rhogam. It was reassuring, but I think his explanations are a little less thorough than I would like (if I gently push for more info, he just repeats himself). I think am going to try to bring DH with me for the next appointment so he can ask the questions and take the pressure off me... after my appointments, I always think, "I should have said, 'but WHY, but WHAT can happen, what are the chances?'" since that's what I really want to know. I'm just not good about asserting myself and asking.

Anyway, thank you very much, and it seems like hopefully all is OK for now!

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Thu Nov 06, 638634 10:48 am

As far as the Lovenox goes, since the spotting is light brown, you most likely won't have to stop the injections. Your doctor will have final say, of course. I had bleeding early on with both of my boys, and other than an ultrasound and pelvic rest, we didn't change much. The doctor thought it was probably a small subchorionic hemmorhage (which sounds WAY scarier than it actually is) which healed itself.

As for the Rh- factor...I'm completely clueless. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Try to take it easy until you've heard from the doctor, and please let us know how things are going.

jmom08

Lovenox spotting

Postby jmom08 » Thu Nov 06, 638634 12:37 am

I found some older threads mentioning this but was wondering, for those on lovenox who have/had spotting, whether you had to temporarily stop lovenox or LDA until the spotting went away? Tonight is my 2nd round of very light, brown spotting (now at 11 weeks, will call OB tomorrow to report), and I know spotting can happen with lovenox, it just makes me nervous. I started the lovenox when we saw the heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks, and I've been on LDA since before conception.

Also, I'm Rh-negative. After 2 days of the first episode of spotting I went in for an exam, and the OB didn't think I needed rhogam because he didn't see any blood himself, and he said what I'd seen was probably from the cervix. Has anyone else with Rh- type encountered the spotting issue, and did you have to get rhogam?

Hopefully I'm just worrying unnecessarily, I just feel like I need to know all the info I can about what's happening to me!

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”