Nothing Yet!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: Nothing Yet!

Postby aajatwins » Sun Nov 07, 2010 03:11 am

I'm right here with ya. This is the start of the 4th month of trying for us. I've gotten a little discouraged, but my faith in God has been strengthened through some other things going on. I know it will happen in His perfect timing. (But waiting and going through the whole thing every month are defintely hard.) I think it's also harder this time knowing how quickly we got pregnant last time and it's already taking twice as long this time.

The hardest part for me is having endometriosis and knowing that my OB might want to step in if it takes us longer than 6 months to get pg. I haven't had any endo pain this time around (and I just pray for healing everyday), so I'm hoping it's gone and I can hold the OB off and just never be on BC pills again (I don't like what they do to me emotionally, mentally)!! Anybody dealing with anything like that? I've never talked to a doc about where my spiritual beliefs and medicine meet/don't agree.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Sun Nov 07, 2010 09:11 am

Yes :/ Waiting is hard. Plus this time around I'm testing for ovulation too....we never did that when we got pg before.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Nothing Yet!

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 am

So we started last month to ttc...and nothing yet. I get worried.....I have been eating well, drinking lots of milk-since I hate it-/im also taking my vitamines. I just can't wait this time around. Anyone else going through this long process to get pregnant?
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.
miamibunnie

Postby kbielec » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:11 am

We've been TTC for some time. I must admit I have to not think about it - it'll drive me crazy. We are just trying to let nature take it's course.
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(12/2011) miscarriage, twin boys 8 weeks, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
kbielec

Postby kerisue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 am

Good luck to everyone who is trying! Most especially to those who've had losses
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby riehlism » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 am

Ok, Lisette. We're ready. We've been trying but not trying for 3 months. Nothing yet. I am on day 40 of my cycle. No + test, so I probably didn't ovulate this month. I'm on a higher dose of metformin from PCOS, so I don't know if that's altering my cycle at all. But I have an appt with endo next week and I am taking a blood pregnancy test on Monday. Then I will be seeing my OB for a follow-up and possible fertility meds.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby miamibunnie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 am

Thats great Jasmine....I think 2011 will be a great year. I can't wait...but
This is my second month trying but we are still trying. My mind is staying positive. Things will work out this time....Im a 28 cycle, it is so hard trying to figure out what day to get prego...
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.
miamibunnie

Postby riehlism » Sun Nov 14, 2010 05:53 pm

You're so lucky you have a 28 day cycle. Mine used to be like that. Now it's all over the place. I have an appt with my OB on Wednesday We're talking to talk about fertility meds. I think I'm going to post a question about that right now.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby Lee Ann » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:02 pm

My husband and I have been trying for eight months and nothing yet. I talked with my OB and she said to at least give it a year (That is how long it took me to conceive my first baby). I have to admit that I am starting to get a little frustrated. I keep thinking that maybe...just mabe it will happen faster this time. I am using a fertility monitor to help pick my days of ovulation which I didnt use with my first. I am hoping and praying that I will be pregnant soon.

Just to add this....I couldn't get on the site with my old password so I had to reregister. I have the same name Lee Ann. But my profile says I just joined. I have been a member on this site over a year ago when I lost my daughter.
Lee Ann

Postby aajatwins » Tue Nov 16, 2010 06:52 am

Well, I went for my yearly Ob/gyn appt yesterday and I feel a little better after talking with her. She didn't seemed too concerned about how long it takes us to get pregnant. She also said that the MFM we saw told her that I should take LDA once I get pregnant (would've been nice for the MFM to tell me that).

I've also had a weird cycle this time. It's the 4th month, so I think maybe it's just the birth control finally getting out of my system. And actually, the last 5 or so pounds from my twin pregnancy finally fell off, too. That was kind of nice :)

Anyway... best wishes to you all! I'm glad we can come here and talk about it.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia