Baby Due in March 2013

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Baby Due in March 2013

Postby p+h » Tue Sep 04, 2012 02:32 am

Oh yay, very much needing this right now, thank you for starting this thread (gr that i can't see other posts while i'm posting).

I'm due March 17th with #2. I was happily planning a home birth with #1 and my BP started to rise slowly at 30 weeks. Protein showed up at 36+5 and ended up with an induction, my guy born at 37+1, IUGR = 4lbs 7 oz.

I am feeling more cautious this time around, even though it's not in my nature to be a worrier. Just had my first MW appointment and my BP was 118/90 :((((. My diastolic number was high 70s/low 80s until after 30 weeks last time, so now I'm feeling really freaked out.

I'm currently in a partial concurrent care type situation, have an ultrasound and MFM consult today in fact. I'm afraid of being labeled high risk already and can't believe I might be in this situation. Not sure what their recommendations will be as far as meds and additional appointments, as I had only planned to see OBs if I absolutely had to.
p+h

Postby knhowell » Wed Sep 26, 2012 04:50 am

Hi P+H, I hope the one blood pressure reading was just because of nerves / anxiety and isn't anything too serious... They will be keeping a close eye on you so hopefully things will return to normal soon. I know on monday I had my blood pressure checked by the OB and it was 120 /60... two days later I went to the chemist after feeling unwell and it was 145 /95... however I was so anxious when it was taken my pulse was 158 so I am ignoring that reading lol and am really just sick.

After seeing my OB last monday she asked that I have monthly ultrasounds to check on the growth. I had one this week (16+5) and the baby is growing perfectly and they redid the uterine artery doppler and it was well within normal range - they snographer said she couldn't understand why they did it at 12 weeks as it's not consistent and often gives the wrong readings.

Hopefully everything remains positive for everyone... keep us all updated :-)
knhowell

Postby gratiana » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 am

Sending hugs and support to all of you with BP concerns...

I'm doing okay at the moment--we just had a scary week after positive first-trimester screening results (although my MFM was surprised since the ultrasound looked good). Anyway, given my age (37), she recommended this new MaterniT21 test--a blood test for chromosomal abnormalities where they isolate fetal DNA from the mother's blood; it's only been out a few months--to try to avoid having to do an amnio. It was a terribly stressful few days, but the results came back yesterday: negative (that is, good!) with 99.9% accuracy (so the lab claims). I've heard some stories about insurance companies being difficult about the test since it's still so new, but MFM said she hadn't had any trouble, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our insurance will cover it.

Aside from that, everything seemed fine at my check-up last Friday--I was worried about weight loss but I was only 2 lbs. down from my pre-pregnancy weight, and the nurse practitioner said everything looked fine. (Apart from my annoying case of white-coat syndrome: BP in office was 120/80, BP at home 1hr later was 110/65. HUMPH.) Back to the MFM for another ultrasound next week, right at 16 weeks! She said once I hit 20 weeks either she or my OB will see me once a week until Week 28 (if we get that far, yikes!), at which point the risk of recurrence goes down, and it's more likely that the pregnancy will go to term. Has anyone else heard anything like that? (I went from mild PE at 24W to severe PE and HELLP with delivery at 26W last time.)

The scary (or annoying) thing is that period (20-28W) goes right through the holiday season... Actually, 28 weeks for me will be the day after Christmas, so maybe that's going to be my big request for Santa this year—making it to 28 weeks!
Age 37
Pre-eclampsia and Stage IV HELLP, c-section at 25.6 weeks. RIP Felix (July 25-Sep 27 2011).
Expecting #2 in early March 2013. So far, so good!
gratiana

Postby Raposa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 07:15 pm

Saw the MFM today, got my flu shot while I was there. One more day of work tomorrow, then medically mandated rest while my baby's cooking.

Blood pressure still holding steady, so no adjustments to my meds. Scheduled an ultrasound in 4 weeks to check my arteries. Can't wait! But mostly, I'm looking forward to not having to drag myself through 8 hours of work every day.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Postby Mhardin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 04:54 pm

I am Due in June, on the 8th actually, and my first was born at 27 wks 6 days. So I am definitely scared out of my mind right now!!! I am praying that all of us can get through this time without the severe complications we have experienced in the past, its rough enough to go through it with the first, but then to have a child at home, and think of going through it again is just heart wrenching.
Mhardin

Postby gratiana » Fri Nov 02, 2012 01:21 pm

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing, so... How's everyone doing?

I've made it to 20 weeks (yay) and have now officially entered the Period In Which My Doctors Worry. Way back, my MFM said that 20-28 weeks was when they'd be watching me like a hawk, and here we are. I saw her on Wednesday, when everything looked great (yay) and she was trying to convince me not to worry. She said there was no reason not to think everything would continue to be completely normal. I said, sure, that's what it looked like at 20 weeks last time—but the next time I went in, at 25 weeks, everything was Definitely Not Okay. (Our son was born by emergency c-section at 25.6.) So I don't trust the "everything looks fine! it'll all be fine!" platitudes. So we worry, and we try not to worry too much, and we go on day by day. That's all any of us can do, right?

In other news, my BPs have been rock steady and totally normal so far, so I'm grateful at least for that.

Next week we have our tour of L&D and the NICU. Very excited.

Happy early November and low-panic rates to all!
Age 37
Pre-eclampsia and Stage IV HELLP, c-section at 25.6 weeks. RIP Felix (July 25-Sep 27 2011).
Expecting #2 in early March 2013. So far, so good!
gratiana

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sat Nov 03, 2012 09:23 am

Yay for 20 weeks!!! 20 weeks is big!! Keep going and growing!! :)
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby cgoodi1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am

Congratulations for everyone and I hope that all continues to go well for all of us. I have presently past my major milestone! I lost my baby at 21 weeks and I am now exactly 22 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. I have no signs of preeclampsia so far so I am going to continue hoping and praying that baby makes it through this time around. I am beyond excited! The next goal I'd like to reach would be 30 weeks. Only 8 more weeks to go!
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Nov 30, 2012 08:34 pm

wow,yes that is a major milestone indeed!! When I passed the week my son was born I was so excited, scared and hopeful. I hope it flys by for you uneventful and healthy!!!1 Im so happy for you, keep going and growing!!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby cgoodi1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 08:33 am

Just wondering how everyone expecting is doing?! We're all getting so close! I'm 30 weeks + 3 days and everything looks good so far. I had high amniotic fluid levels around week 25, but they went down to normal limits at my 30 week ultrasound. Baby is measuring on the large side in the 95th percentile at 4lbs already. I was completely shocked but so happy because my last pregnancy the baby had severe iugr and was 2 weeks behind. My doctor's plan when I initially became pregnant was to perhaps induce around 38 weeks depending on how things are going. I'm going to ask him what he thinks now that I'm farther along and the baby is measuring big. Here's hoping that this will be my little rainbow baby and that pe and hellp will continue to stay away!
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant Again?