We have PEE PEE!!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
cara

Re : We have PEE PEE!!

Postby cara » Tue May 30, 2006 03:22 pm

Gosh I am jealous! Grant had gone once in the potty when he became impacted and I had to give him an enema. Thought it would be smart to sit him on the potty til it worked. Well it worked and while I'm glad (for clean-up purposes) that he was on the potty when it did, I think he now associates that big painful scary poop with the potty and refuses to go on it. So we are at a stand still on that.

Congrats Dylan on the potty!!!

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Tue May 30, 2006 03:18 pm

oops hit submit too soon

WAY TO GO DYLAN!

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Tue May 30, 2006 03:18 pm

Yup, Mason first peed in the potty at age 14 months. Went once a day in the potty for the next 6 months until he got bored with it (and wouldn't do it any more then that). We are still sitting here at 3.5 years old not potty trained *GAH*

arj

Postby arj » Tue May 30, 2006 01:16 pm

That's great!

Maybe it will happen sooner than later for you. I know for us, it's just not... Good with pee-pee, got some major emotional hang-up about pooping in the potty...

We actually went to a class run by a MFT on potty training a couple of weeks ago. She recommended the "Parents Book of Toilet Teaching." It tells you the physiological age for control, etc. I got it used on Amazon for like $5.

We're waiting until after the baby comes before we take the diapers away. We've tried taking them away a couple of times before he was ready, which according to the therapist/book, pretty much sabatoges the learning process. Ooops.

Good luck and don't get too frustrated if you don't notice much more progression. Evan first peed on the potty last August and though he's made progress, it really has been baby steps. Some kids just are ready before others I suppose.

rachel a

We have PEE PEE!!

Postby rachel a » Tue May 30, 2006 12:59 am

Okay, we weren't potty training Dylan but we did put his potty in our bathroom and he's been pretending to go potty whenever me or Chad go. Lastnight as we were getting ready for bath time he said "potty", so I (not thinking he'd actually pee) put him on the potty and gush! He started sprinkling everywhere. --I guess control comes later?? I started yelling, "Dylan go pee pee" and he didn't know how to act.

Okay, I know my son is not potty-trained, but this is so huge! Just a shameless mommy brag!

Return to “After your baby is born .....”