It's time to recognize our hard working volunteers in a big way!
We encourage all of you to thoughtfully consider nominating one of our volunteers for this distinguished honor. To recognize the important role and valuable contributions of our volunteers, the Preeclampsia Foundation has established a Volunteer of the Year award, to be awarded annually to a member who epitomizes the true spirit of volunteerism. The award will be presented at ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œSaving Grace: A Night of Hope,ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â a benefit gala to be held in Washington, D.C. on September 20, 2008. The recipient will be provided with roundtrip airfare and a one night accommodation at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
All volunteer members are eligible to be nominated however, members of the FoundationÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Board of Directors as well as paid staff and contractors who are financially compensated by the Foundation are not eligible.
An awards committee will be responsible for selecting the winner. The committee will consider the following guidelines when evaluating each nominee:
1. Teamwork ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Nominee effectively collaborated in all activities and communications with a positive attitude and is respected by peers, volunteers and community leaders.
2. Advocacy ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Nominee represented the Foundation with unwavering support and strives to present the organization favorably in all endeavors.
3. Need - Nominee contributed a needed service to the Foundation.
4. Initiative - Nominee initiated new programs or activities and used new methods to solve problems.
5. Achievement - Nominee accomplished desired results.
6. Impact - The activity or service produced positive changes and provided examples for other areas of the Foundation.
7. Time - Amount of time devoted to the activity or service was significant.
All nominations should be submitted to VOY@preeclampsia.org. Please summarize the reasons you have nominated your candidate in less than 250 words. Consider addressing the above categories in your summary. You may nominate more than one candidate. All nominations must be submitted no later than Friday, July 11th.
The candidate that is selected will be notified via phone and email by Friday, July 25th. A post in the Forum will be made after the recipient is notified. All travel arrangements and hotel accommodations will be handled by the Foundation immediately thereafter.
Please consider nominating a deserving member who has provided outstanding effort with the Foundation this year. We are fortunate to have such a large pool of dedicated and valuable volunteers to choose from.
Good luck deciding on your nominations!
The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests