how did people take your news?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amyjayne

Re : how did people take your news?

Postby amyjayne » Mon Jun 30, 2008 08:20 pm

The worse response I got was from my sister...she said that she was soooooo scared for me and reminded me (like any of us need this kind of reminder) that she didn't want to lose her baby sister to PE. Everyone else was happy for me and the one person I was so scared to tell, my mom, was happier and responded more positive than when we told her about having our first! It was a nice thing to have her so excited...and then of course she started forwarding me internet articles, etc. about how to have a healthy pregnancy. They just all care about us...so I guess take it as a compliment?? LOL, easier said than done I know.
Amy :-)

elainej9

Postby elainej9 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 05:00 pm

After losing Caitlyn we got scared to tell people too. Not just because of their reactions, but also our fear that it wouldn't work out again. To be honest I was nervous of all the people that would be excited because they would be more excited than me. We lost the second time at 10 weeks, but this pregnancy is going well. Now 29 weeks, and still others are really more excited that my DH and I. The truth is...what I have learned is that we work ourselves so much to the telling and always make it worse in our mind than it actually is. My Mum and Dad were scared, and still are, but take it day to day as we do.

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Mon Jun 30, 2008 03:35 pm

Terri,
I can totally relate...no matter how old we are our mother's will worry until we are safe and have a baby home safe too. While my mom is happy she won't tell me she's worried, but I know she is. She buried a grandchild and watched her daughter go through a lot of pain. I know once your a mom you worry till the day you die about your children.

terriandaaron

Postby terriandaaron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 am

thanks
my uncle ended up telling my mum b4 i got to her! still at least she had time to digest it all b4 we spoke, i donr think shelll be happy for me till were both home safely
thanks 4 the support
terri x

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Sun Jun 29, 2008 09:16 am

Well seeing that my BF and I had only been together for about 2+ months I was nervous about telling my mom..yeah even at the age of 38. I was SHOCKED as to how happy and excited everyone was..my friends and family. All they want is for us to be happy and me to be safe. Honestly, deep down this is all my mom has ever wanted for me...to have another baby. Not one person I know who knows my story has been negative.

I am taking it one day at a time..my sister and mom are over the top as I know they are secretly stashing baby stuff, mom has bought me tons of maternity clothes, they love to suggest girl names, etc. It's fun so far :)

..and like Sabrina said "who cares" :)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sat Jun 28, 2008 08:15 pm

With our third that we lost at 13 1/2 weeks, I was afraid to tell people. I thought, dh's family would be the worst. They were actually the best about it. My family who I thought would be great, treated me like I was a 16 year old who had done something wrong. It took me several weeks to even bring myself to talk with my mother after I told her because of how she acted. Then when we lost the baby, her behavior has been atrocious. So bad that I have not talked to her since March. I am still furious with her. As of right now, my dr offices know (they have been extremely supportive and happy for us. My pcp's office was praying for us!) and a few very close friends. My boss knows too because I already have work restrictions. DH and I are discussing when to tell his family. We are thinking the 4th of July family party after we have our second US and there is a heartbeat. This is because he is going away 6 weeks and I need help with things like mowing the grass (not allowed to do right now). As far as my family is concerned, they can find out when I deliver. The sad part is, I can't even tell family members that I am close with because I am afraid one of them may spill to my mother.

As Wendy said. WHO CARES what their reaction is. They don't have to raise your baby, you will. They don't feed, clothe you. I would put it exactly how she put it. In fact I intend to do just that.

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Jun 28, 2008 03:21 pm

When I got pregnant with my with my third (which sadly I miscarried) I was sooo scared to tell people, because of their reactions. I was terrified to tell my mom, who coincedently ended up being completely supportive and great. It is hard to tell people, because you are scared yourself and when you get a bad response that makes it worse on you...a baby is a happy time!! Sucks for us PE gals that we get the not so joyous responses we deserve! :(
Anyway...I think starting off with "We have some really exciting news to tell you that we are sooo happy about..." maybe that will stop people from saying something other than Congrats!!! You know that all of us gals around here will give you the great big CONGRATS!! and so happy for you :) Good luck and let us know how it goes...please just don't let anyone's negative response take away your joy! :)

terriandaaron

how did people take your news?

Postby terriandaaron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 02:25 pm

now after having pe before in previous pregnancys i got a lot of bad reactions telling people we was pregnant again last time, my mum was the worst i know its cos she worries, and shes also kinda 2.4 children ya know which doesnt help.
were just starting to tell people but wondered how others had dealt with this?
i tend to just say well were very happy about it......etc

terri x

Return to “Pregnant Again?”