38 weeks and counting...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
joker

Re : 38 weeks and counting...

Postby joker » Thu Aug 17, 638609 7:28 pm

I hope Dani comes soon and I am glad you are stable!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Thu Aug 17, 638609 4:48 pm

glad your doing so well! Hope Dani decides to come soon, waiting is so hard! But, pretty soon your baby will be in your arms, hoorray!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Aug 17, 638609 10:00 am

Yeah, the last time I didn't have time to even think about giving birth before it happened. Now it's a different story. :) Although I think I would be still alright for at least a week or so, if I just was healthy. Now it's so nerve-wracking... But in any case I think around these weeks women in general start to monitor all possible symptoms for going into labour. In a way it has its own charm. :)

Karoliina

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Aug 17, 638609 4:50 am

I have heard that those last few weeks of pregnancy can be very hard (I had both of mine at 37 1/2 weeks). I hope that you will be meeting your little one very soon.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Aug 17, 638609 1:56 am

Karoliina -
How wonderful! I'm so excited for you!
It's great that your symptoms are stable and I too can certainly understand wanting to go ahead and have the baby now that you are officially full term - I don't think you are silly. :)

I hope that Dani decides to come and meet his mom, dad, and sister sooner rather than later. Keep an eye on your symptoms like you always do (sorry - I know I am not saying anything you don't know!).

Come on Dani - decide to come on out!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Thu Aug 17, 638609 12:06 am

That's great! I mean, I hope Dani decides to make his entrance before you get too uncomfortable, but how wonderful that you are at 38.5 weeks and counting!

karoliina

38 weeks and counting...

Postby karoliina » Wed Aug 16, 638609 6:11 pm

So I was to the hospital today, and now I'm back home... Everything's okay. :)

They started with an NST (good) and taking my BP while lying down... *rolls eyes* (but at least they took it from the lower arm). I didn't want to fight the nurse, because I had already told them it's usually in the evenings when my pressures go up. So anyway, pressures were all fine, no surprises there.

Then I saw a dr who did an ultrasound. She had a lot of trouble measuring Dani, as he's not only very low in my pelvis (which meant now and also the last time that they can't measure his head properly) but this time also wouldn't hold still at all! They said he would be 3,5 kg now (7,7 pounds), but I highly doubt it, as 10 days ago the estimate was 2,7 kg (6 pounds), and I really don't think he would've grown that much in such a short time. :) But most likely he'll be bigger than Stella, and it would be so wonderful to have a 6,5-pounder, for example!

My protein from last week was over 400 mg, so it's going up, but still relatively low. I'm doing another catch now, and will take it back tomorrow, as they want to see me again then (don't really know why, maybe just to get the sample). I showed the dr my BP log from the weekend, and my meds were increased so that I take Albetol three times a day now, which will hopefully help to keep the BP low also in the evenings.

I asked about their policies re: inductions and PE, and the dr said if they can keep my BP under control with the meds, my protein is not getting very high, labs are okay, the baby seems to be doing fine and I'm not getting any further symptoms like headaches or visual disturbances -- they won't induce and won't mind me going all the way to 40 weeks or more. I understand that, but now I'm starting to worry I'll have this baby in May... Eek! I know it's a silly reason to complain here, but I'm just tired of being pregnant and wish Dani will decide to come on his own soon!

So back to the hospital tomorrow, but they will probably send me back home again to wait until I go into labour spontaneously.

Karoliina 38+3

Return to “Pregnant Again?”