Preeclampsia Concerns

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
julie f

Re : Preeclampsia Concerns

Postby julie f » Thu Jun 24, 638619 5:15 pm

Wanted to welcome you as well! Like Caryn, just wondering if you've had a history of complications?

caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Preeclampsia Concerns

Postby caryn » Thu Jun 03, 638619 11:45 pm

Welcome to the forums. I moved your post over to this "Trying Again" board 'cause I think you'll get more replies. ;-)

Weight and age are both factors in preeclampsia, but the big one is a history of preeclampsia in a prior pregnancy. Did you have blood pressure issues in your first pregnancy? Oligo? IUGR?

sgv2301@aol.com

Preeclampsia Concerns

Postby sgv2301@aol.com » Thu Jun 03, 638619 8:53 pm

New to this site, I thought I would send out this post. I am overweight and 42 and really want to become pregnant. I am, however, equally terrified due to my weight and age. While currently holding steady at 215 pounds, I am afraid of pre and eclampsia. I don't think that I am that overweight but my calculated BMI is 37.

The thing is, I have not always been overweight. I only started gaining weight after my first pregnancy, 8 years ago. Any insight?

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”